MMQB: Some love for Josh Allen (And Bar Bill)

YoloinOhio

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/19/josh-allen-bills-ezekiel-elliott-jerry-jones-cowboys-antonio-brown-kenny-stills

Josh Allen’s Growing Confidence, Zeke Fires Back at Jerry Jones, More NFL Notes

You gotta understand, this guy hasn’t even played a full season yet.”

His preseason plan was no accident. Here’s a look at the Bills’ playcalls when Allen has been in games over the first two weeks. With better options at receiver (Cole Beasley has become a quintessential young QB’s wide receiver) and more stability at offensive line, this is no longer considered a luxury:

WEEK 1: Pass, pass, pass, pass, dropback (scramble), handoff, pass, pass, handoff, handoff, pass, pass, pass, run, pass, pass, dropback (sack), pass.

WEEK 2: Pass, pass, pass, run, pass, run, pass, pass, pass, dropback (sack), pass, dropback (scramble), pass, run, pass, pass, run, run.

Those are 14:4 and 13:5 dropback-to-handoff ratios.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

They had me at Allen’s story but lost me with the cowtowing to the progressive agenda. They put Stills on a pedestal. Keep politics out of sports! 

says something about the author, no?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

They had me at Allen’s story but lost me with the cowtowing to the progressive agenda. They put Stills on a pedestal. Keep politics out of sports! 

Plus the choice of wing sauce - would be low on my list.  The power play would have been a beer on weck with a side of wings.

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

Plus the choice of wing sauce - would be low on my list.  The power play would have been a beer on weck with a side of wings.

Beer on weck?  I prefer beef on weck myself with a side of wings and a beer.

• Haha (+1) 1

"It’s not about what you agree with, it’s about the ability to have a smart discussion about our current society, and Stills is unafraid to have that dialogue in an increasingly politicized atmosphere."

Which I will continue to inflame by giving props to a guy who criticized his owner for having a fundraiser for a politician he supports thereby shaming his boss and thus anyone that would vote for Trump.....and then I'll agree with his decision to ridiculously criticize Jay-Z for actually doing the very things needed to move us forward together as Americans......I as a flaming lib do not want that to happen.  I need division.

Peter King is a moron.  But I support his Josh Allen take.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

No, no.  Beer.  Then an order of hot wings.  And a junior beef on weck on the side.

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No, no.  Beer.  Then an order of hot wings.  And a junior beef on weck on the side.

Do you realize this is torture for some of us? 

I’ve never heard of a junior beef on weck, but it does make sense to me. I can’t do a full wings AND weck. 

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

Do you realize this is torture for some of us? 

I’ve never heard of a junior beef on weck, but it does make sense to me. I can’t do a full wings AND weck. 

I’ve been to Bar Bill once, and emerged with what I refer to as the “meat sweats”

I can’t wait to go back. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve been to Bar Bill once, and emerged with what I refer to as the “meat sweats”

I can’t wait to go back. 

So, I’m guessing it was better than hot yoga? 

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

Goddammit I'm hungry. For food unavailable in Seattle. Eff.

I'm just 3 hrs south of you near Vancouver.  I know what you mean.  We do have a pizza place here that isn't too bad.  It's not Buffalo but then again, nothing is.  https://www.yelp.com/biz/nyc-pizzeria-vancouver

Plus, the local QFC actually sells Genesee.

Next time anyone goes to the Bar Bill try doing Russian Roulette with the wings. If you order a single (10 wings) they do one with suicidal sauce but don't let you know which one it is. I've only done this once and the suicidals give you the slow face-melt after about 25 seconds.

• Haha (+1) 1