Worried about McD

WIDE LEFT

33 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I just wanted to put out I’ve never seen a wide reaction to a post in the history of this board.  It’s kinda amazing to see.

i still have worries about being young Jauron.  He also has been downright awful on challenges and we get destroyed in far too many games.  This is a huge year to show if he is a good head coach or just a good DC. 

We all know there is no rhyme or reason to winning challenges, unless your name is Belichick.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We all know there is no rhyme or reason to winning challenges, unless your name is Belichick.

And when he doesn't get his way..... 

bill-belichick12.jpg  bill-belichick-grabs-referee-530x336.jpg  

BillBel_crop_north.jpeg?h=533&w=800&q=70

What he says to the new Refs...

Now listen hon .  Its like this   you are supposed to call flags in MY favor 

cvkuzzzwiaep628.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

and when she tells him to bugger off 

billsmash.0.gif

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I somewhat agree to the point of playing your vertern starters very little.  I think the Jets are makingna mistake not putting Bell out there, out of the league fir a year and in a whole new scheme and hes just going to turn it on?  I don't buy it.

For this team, the only guys who have nothing to prove have retired, the last was Kyle Williams. 

There isn't a single guy on this team thats absolutely set in stone, doesn't need reps.  Don't give me any of your ***** about the guys in the secondary, they are good, not great and they have to function as a unit, so no Trey and Hyde aren't getting any pass either. 

Allen is raw, the antique running backs need to show they still have game speed, the rook and Yeldon have to show they belong, everyone blocking has a job to earn, anyone catching certainly does too. 

How do you evaluate without seeing them in live action? Coming into camp, this team has zero top 100 players, and only Allen, White, Hyde had a virtual guaranteed starting roll.  I'd argue, Hughes is older and not a guarantee, RBs all at risk, WRs had to shake out, and who else is there that could even be seen as a lock or isn't coming in brand new?

well the Op is not the only delusional one out there...

consider the source.

Ranking NFL coaches who could get fired with disastrous seasons

Continuing a tradition that we began two years ago, we've taken a data-driven look at which NFL head coaches are sitting on the hottest seats entering the 2019 season.

We're not predicting which coaches will be fired; that involves two separate factors in how hot each seat is, and the fortunes of each team in 2019. Instead, we isolated the first factor -- the heat under all 32 seats -- by assuming they will all have the same losing season. Specifically, we presupposed every team would finish the year 4-12, and then asked our analytical model to make a projection on the fate of each coach.

We've tested the model against every season for the past 40 years, and it's correct 80 percent of the time when using a cutoff of more than 50% predicting a firing and less than 50% predicting retention. At the end of last season, the model was accurate on four of the five most likely coaches to be replaced.

These are the hottest seats entering 2019, assuming a four-win season:

buf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

1. Sean McDermott, Buffalo Bills

Chances of being fired: 73%

so if they win 5 games his job is safe. chances are good they'll double that and win 10. 

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

17 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Just now?  It's a year pre-season tradition going back at least 10 years.  You've got a group of fans telling people this season is going to be different and those who take the wait and see approach.  

¿Que? 

Sorry bro, just not following your response to my joke at all. Maybe I'm more tired than I think or I'm just on the struggle bus today. 

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m worried that he ordered “the peach” at the Ice cream place. I assumed he would go with “a peach” because at least that is fat free and natural sugar. But no. He’s likely letting himself go to the point that I’d be surprised if he’s still pulling those 4:30 am MMA workouts. The team takes on the demeanor of the coach, and he’s getting sloppy. 

Even worse, the ice cream place had no dairy alternative options. The team is almost 75% African-American, and up to 75% of all African-Americans are lactose intolerant. By my calculations, about half the team must have been shitting in their pants on the bus. Perhaps our tonsured head coach is actually a neo-nazi skinhead racial dog-whistling Trump-supporting white nationalist who doesn't care about the nutritional needs of black people?

21 hours ago, MJS said:

McDermott fired the coordinator from year one and hired a new up-and-coming coordinator in Brian Daboll.

except he's not new and he has been less than average at every other stop as an OC ... this is not a comment to bash/judge him, just pointing out a fact, which are frequently lacking in these pages

OPs last topic he started:  "Anybody know how to get tickets via a download? I mean, without having to drive to a supermarket somewhere to pick up a voucher. In other words,  utilizing 21st century technology to accomplish a simple task like getting a ticket to an event that will be about 50,000 people short of a sell out."

Always a ray of sunshine and seemingly obsessed with our organizations inability to embrace the "new age 21st century."  SMH.  Humans.  Ugh.

8 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

billsmash.0.gif

F this goddam guy

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

except he's not new and he has been less than average at every other stop as an OC ... this is not a comment to bash/judge him, just pointing out a fact, which are frequently lacking in these pages

True, but you can hardly blame him for coordinating with the Browns and Dolphins. Dead ends there.

9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

billsmash.0.gif

Dang, how did he not get booted for touching that female ref like that? I thought you weren't supposed to touch the refs.

18 minutes ago, MJS said:

True, but you can hardly blame him for coordinating with the Browns and Dolphins. Dead ends there.

Dang, how did he not get booted for touching that female ref like that? I thought you weren't supposed to touch the refs.

Lol. So true 

That was his pre game talk to her maybe? Lol 

But both he and Tom have touched and yelled at refs and gotten away with it. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I will never understand the "lets cut preseason to 2 games" talk from anything that i here from the older players to some older annalists & coaches that even with the intense off season training it takes a few games to get into "Game Shape" not to mention timing issues .

There are other reasons for more than just 2 preseason games , how can the coaching staff determine which UDFA & rookie players play with out playing at game speed ? Games are totally different than practice even the vets say games are faster so with only 2 games there can't be as much attention paid to those new guys .

Even the players new & old have said that practicing against a different team like the Bills did against the Panthers is beneficial . E.wood said on 1 Bills live that after a while practicing against you r own guys your just going through the motions because it's the same all the time .

When you have practices & preseason games against different teams at "Game speed" players get full speed practice against other players that do things different than players on their own team . 

There is the one big down fall to 4 preseason games, Injury of course is the biggest fear but if they can't get into game shape injury is going to be there any way . I will never be for less preseason games . 

I have also heard in conversation that it takes even with 4 preseason games a couple of regular season games for the vets for it all to mesh before they are playing their best football, so take away the preseason games & instead of a couple games to get up to speed it will take 4 or more before they get to their full potential in games that matter which makes the season games worse .

Sorry for the rant but IMHO if it ain't broke don't fix it !! Old school is a good thing !!

Edited by T master

Different coaches have had success in the past by holding starters back and giving them a healthy dose of contact. Also, McD did a much better job of game management in his 2nd year, plus we can always hire game manager assistants like other teams are starting to do. These problems aren't serious.