Worried about McD

WIDE LEFT

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Whats next? Hold all starters out of practice? Hold them out of training camp? Hold them out of mini camp? Dont allow them to train in the offseason?

Injuries are going to happen...many serious ones are non-contact injuries that happen while training or in air drills...

If i am not mistaken Hughes didnt play in the first preseason game and McDermott seems to be rotating starters...

This is really something silly to be worried about.

We must wrap our starters in bubble wrap until game time week one , 

and IMO we should get food tasters we don’t want our starters to get food poisoning , 

gooo Bills !!!

well the Op's take is right in line with this nobody sports writer who claims the bills will win 6 games. of course the writer is not alone as there are some here that also see only 6 games and I assume the Op may tend to agree?

NFL 2019 Win Totals: Over/Under Predictions For Patriots, Jets, Bills, Dolphins, AFC East Pick

the writer seems to be on his knees with his patsie prediction, nothing unexpected there but the J-E-T-S finishing in 2nd place?

New York Jets: 7 Wins (-165 Over/+140 Under)

One AFC East team besides the Patriots isn't going to be awful. The Jets have the best chance to fill that spot. Sam Darnold showed real signs of improvement at the end of last year, and he now has a star playmaker in Le’Veon Bell. New York’s defense might not be very good, though it should play well enough from Week 8-13 when the Jets face six mediocre quarterbacks.

Prediction: Over

Buffalo Bills: 6.5 Wins (-186 Over/+155 Under)

There’s way too much juice on the over to bet the Bills. Josh Allen’s inaccuracy is going to be a major issue if he’s unable to be as prolific of a runner as he was at times last year. A slow start to the season could cripple Buffalo, considering they end the year with five straight games against the Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, Patriots and Jets, three of which are on the road.

Prediction: Under

myself, I'm hovering around 9-10 wins for the bills.

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

well the Op's take is right in line with this nobody sports writer who claims the bills will win 6 games. of course the writer is not alone as there are some here that also see only 6 games and I assume the Op may tend to agree?

NFL 2019 Win Totals: Over/Under Predictions For Patriots, Jets, Bills, Dolphins, AFC East Pick

the writer seems to be on his knees with his patsie prediction, nothing unexpected there but the J-E-T-S finishing in 2nd place?

New York Jets: 7 Wins (-165 Over/+140 Under)

One AFC East team besides the Patriots isn't going to be awful. The Jets have the best chance to fill that spot. Sam Darnold showed real signs of improvement at the end of last year, and he now has a star playmaker in Le’Veon Bell. New York’s defense might not be very good, though it should play well enough from Week 8-13 when the Jets face six mediocre quarterbacks.

Prediction: Over

Buffalo Bills: 6.5 Wins (-186 Over/+155 Under)

There’s way too much juice on the over to bet the Bills. Josh Allen’s inaccuracy is going to be a major issue if he’s unable to be as prolific of a runner as he was at times last year. A slow start to the season could cripple Buffalo, considering they end the year with five straight games against the Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, Patriots and Jets, three of which are on the road.

Prediction: Under

myself, I'm hovering around 9-10 wins for the bills.

too be fair here, this writer is approaching from a betting perspective. Ain't no way i would bet the Bills on the over at -186 (the juice) either, essentially having to bet $200 to win $100..that is a bad bet

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills were one of the better teams last season when it came to keeping their players healthy.  They just opened a state of the art training facility, one of the best in the league, dedicated to keeping players healthy  and on the field.  McDermott, I'm sure was not the person who made the decision to build it, but I think he is on board with the notion of keeping players healthy.  I trust his reasons for playing starters.  

3 hours ago, Yav said:

I’m more worried about some of the posts on this board. 

Just now?  It's a year pre-season tradition going back at least 10 years.  You've got a group of fans telling people this season is going to be different and those who take the wait and see approach.  

6 hours ago, WIDE LEFT said:

I love much of what Coach McD brings to this team. But concerned about his old school approach to the game & game management. Stuck in the past. No surprise that he loves 4 pre season games. While new age 21st century coaches like Rams coach refuses to play starters in any preseason game, I have Coach McD playing Jerry Hughes for the entire first quarter. Why? It’s his third year in this same defense, been here for entire training camp,  went through 2 scrimmages with Carolina, what in the world is the benefit of him playing entire first quarter of preseason game 2?  The only proven pass rusher Bills have, and he is exposed to injury for what possible reason? If u want 4 games to evaluate players, let someone like Darryl Johnson play against first string O Line, and let Hughes sit. And in a preseason game, with 4th down and 4 to go at the 30 yard line, why aren’t you going for it instead of trotting out your experienced kicker to kick a field goal?  Rams coach sat his entire starting lineup thru the entire preseason last year, and his team made it to the super bowl. Are u paying attention to the 21st century NFL, coach?

I just wanted to put out I’ve never seen a wide reaction to a post in the history of this board.  It’s kinda amazing to see.

i still have worries about being young Jauron.  He also has been downright awful on challenges and we get destroyed in far too many games.  This is a huge year to show if he is a good head coach or just a good DC. 

6 hours ago, WIDE LEFT said:

I love much of what Coach McD brings to this team. But concerned about his old school approach to the game & game management. Stuck in the past. No surprise that he loves 4 pre season games. While new age 21st century coaches like Rams coach refuses to play starters in any preseason game, I have Coach McD playing Jerry Hughes for the entire first quarter. Why? It’s his third year in this same defense, been here for entire training camp,  went through 2 scrimmages with Carolina, what in the world is the benefit of him playing entire first quarter of preseason game 2?  The only proven pass rusher Bills have, and he is exposed to injury for what possible reason? If u want 4 games to evaluate players, let someone like Darryl Johnson play against first string O Line, and let Hughes sit. And in a preseason game, with 4th down and 4 to go at the 30 yard line, why aren’t you going for it instead of trotting out your experienced kicker to kick a field goal?  Rams coach sat his entire starting lineup thru the entire preseason last year, and his team made it to the super bowl. Are u paying attention to the 21st century NFL, coach?

I'm worried McDermott will give the team a brain freeze taking them out for ice cream.  There's no excuse for that.