Robert Foster has a hurt foot.

MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, Bigantall said:

The problem with Foster and all these young receivers is, when you are being told how good you are before you're actually good. That leads to not putting in the work to get better.I guess you say what does that have to do with his foot, well injuries happen when you don't put the time in.

Or he stubbed his toe.

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who were the receivers on the team when Foster was brought back last season?  

Foster did some good and got "yards" on a few long passes from Josh.    I think people are using those long yards and lack of WR talent as evidence that Foster does belong on the team.  

IMO the jury is still out.  

I think the big thing to remember is that he flopped half the season, all preseason and most of his college career. You’ve got to wonder if the light suddenly came on or if he’s just a guy with great gifts that only occasionally come together. 

He just doesn’t have the long term track record to inspire the confidence that some had here. He might be excellent or he might be a decent 4-5 depth guy that you hope you can work in occasionally but not rely on consistently 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I asked before and I don’t think anyone replied 

who were the WRs when foster was brought back late I’m the season?

Foster, Zay and McKenzie?

3 long passes tags him as a single function guy.

When limited even mediocre can look good.  

He actually ran some good short sideline routes and caught the ball and showed good footwork and awareness a few times, too. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He actually ran some good short sideline routes and caught the ball and showed good footwork and awareness a few times, too. 

I had said he did good.  

I just wonder if it was the situation that made him look better than it should have 

especially with Zay as the other WR. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

If I had started this account a year ago. I would've started an analogous thread to the Zay Jones thread. The love for him on this board, and in general, is absurd.

He had a few good games (i.e. big plays). He's a speedster with a limited skillset and I find it amusing how many people can't see past it. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hermes said:

If I had started this account a year ago. I would've started an analogous thread to the Zay Jones thread. The love for him on this board, and in general, is absurd.

He had a few good games (i.e. big plays). He's a speedster with a limited skillset and I find it amusing how many people can't see past it. 

He may be raw but his skill set was developing

By the end of the year he was running a variety of routes and even went up and caught a back shoulder ball for a TD. It's been a while since we had a WR pull in a back shoulder fade in the endzone

He 6'2 with great size and speed. If he can work on rounding out his game he can be dangerous

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Well, his first 5 games in the NFL with a rookie qb and not much of a run game or pass protection and the guy posts numbers that would put him around 1250 yards on a full year?

That's when you invest in a guy, not give up on him.   Remember how durable little guys are in the NFL, and our 1 and 2 receivers are little guys.   We need big fast strong dudes like RF.

He never struck me as these two but I’m happy to see it play out 

23 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Screen-Shot-2017-05-26-at-6.44.43-AM.png

What is that??  

23 minutes ago, Hermes said:

I m not sure there’s a lot of love for Zay. I think there are those that belive he can be decent, and those who want him traded, cut, or just kicked off the planet. 

The guy is a great athlete, above average route runner and has enough speed and body control to do the whole route tree. 

But his hands were a disaster as a rookie and then  last year he was better but still not living up to his second round status, and still smwith some memorable drops. 

Personally i cant see why he can’t have an Allen Hurns type career and knock out a couple 800+ yd seasons as a contributor. 

Keep drafting to get better there and don’t extend him. But for many you either have what’s considered the  appropriate visceral hatred for the guy, or you want to be his soulmate.

Its an aspect of human nature I’ll never understand 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who were the receivers on the team when Foster was brought back last season?  

Foster did some good and got "yards" on a few long passes from Josh.    I think people are using those long yards and lack of WR talent as evidence that Foster does belong on the team.  

IMO the jury is still out.  

A few long passes?

Steve-Howey-FacepalmDamn.gif

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Robert Foster?

2nd year man with less than 5 games ?? 

Lets agree to disagree 

Robert Foster hasn't proved that to me 

Less than 5 games?

Conan-OBrien-Cry-Facepalm.gif

Jesus.

Foster played the first 4 games last season, was cut and put on the PS, then came back for the last 8.

Thus, he played in 14 games.  You can agree to disagree opinion-wise as to his value, but you can't make up your own facts that he played in less than 5 games.

And if you wanna call the back half of his season, where he came in the last 7 games and caught 25 passes for 511 yards and a couple TDs "a few long passes," then we have very different definitions of "few."

• Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I m not sure there’s a lot of love for Zay. I think there are those that belive he can be decent, and those who want him traded, cut, or just kicked off the planet. 

The guy is a great athlete, above average route runner and has enough speed and body control to do the whole route tree. 

But his hands were a disaster as a rookie and then  last year he was better but still not living up to his second round status, and still smwith some memorable drops. 

Personally i cant see why he can’t have an Allen Hurns type career and knock out a couple 800+ yd seasons as a contributor. 

Keep drafting to get better there and don’t extend him. But for many you either have what’s considered the  appropriate visceral hatred for the guy, or you want to be his soulmate.

Its an aspect of human nature I’ll never understand 

Exactly.

People on here love the homerun aspect but don't want a guy who can get base hits. They just want to see the long ball and all that's about it. If you can't do that your basically worthless in modern NFL. Lol. No need for blocking or being a complimentary player... Let alone knowing where you're supposed to line up draw defenders away from certain looks..

...It all about the deep ball...

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

A few long passes?

Steve-Howey-FacepalmDamn.gif

Less than 5 games?

Conan-OBrien-Cry-Facepalm.gif

Jesus.

Foster played the first 4 games last season, was cut and put on the PS, then came back for the last 8.

Thus, he played in 14 games.  You can agree to disagree opinion-wise as to his value, but you can't make up your own facts that he played in less than 5 games.

And if you wanna call the back half of his season, where he came in the last 7 games and caught 25 passes for 511 yards and a couple TDs "a few long passes," then we have very different definitions of "few."

Considering other players in the NFL routinely put up 100+ catches; averaging <4  per game isn't all that impressive

Unless you think 65 catches is impressive on which case I'm sure he'd continue his pace he'd have the NFL receiving yards record. And also TDs. Definitely TDs

• Like (+1) 2

I get people always want the Bills to have the next great player but there are only so many in the league. 

Would it be great if Foster was the next OBJ or Brown. Heck yeahhhh! Unfortunately the odds of that happening are unlikely

Edited by Hermes
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hermes said:

Exactly.

People on here love the homerun aspect but don't want a guy who can get base hits. They just want to see the long ball and all that's about it. If you can't do that your basically worthless in modern NFL. Lol. No need for blocking or being a complimentary player... Let alone knowing where you're supposed to line up draw defenders away from certain looks..

...It all about the deep ball...

Considering other players in the NFL routinely put up 100+ catches; averaging <4  per game isn't all that impressive

Unless you think 65 catches is impressive on which case I'm sure he'd continue his pace he'd have the NFL receiving yards record. And also TDs. Definitely TDs

He just likes to counter things I post that could be questionable. 

Just another day in the neighborhood 

• Haha (+1) 1