Robert Foster has a hurt foot.

MAJBobby

45 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Daboll loves him. And you can tell anytime McD talks about him. He isn’t going anywhere via cut. Traded is a different story because I think there would be a nice market and Bills could get a package to NOT pass up on. 

But Foster is the only WR on the team with the true No 1 skillset. 

Package of day 3 picks.  Why bother?

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

hmmm maybe an IR stash (similar to what NE does). 

He did tweak it in Carolina on day 1 of joint practices.... hobbled off the field. May it’s still sore. Or he tweaked it again.

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They said Gore had a Vets' day off vs. CAR.

I also noticed Gore messaging his right hamstring on the sideline day 1 of joint practices. Never really did much the rest of the day and didn’t do much either on day 2.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Daboll loves him. And you can tell anytime McD talks about him. He isn’t going anywhere via cut. Traded is a different story because I think there would be a nice market and Bills could get a package to NOT pass up on. 

If by skill set you mean strictly his 40 time, maybe.  

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

why not.  Saves him from being cut before week 1 

edit   well I guess I'm full of dumb ideas today.  

He's an ERFA next year too - would make sense.  They'd have to add him to IR later so they could bring him back.  In the meantime it would free up a roster spot for another WR who you could release if you needed to activate him.  Or if another receiver were hurt he could then be brought back. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Can't stash a guy on IR during TC. He can't he activated

Yeah - but we could cut and bring back a mccloud or williams or mckenzie.  They could theoretically sign elsewhere but if we told them we were bringing them back they'd probably just wait.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I'd almost agree. I'd say he is the only one with a skillset that could see him be a number 1 down the line. Not gonna say he has a true 1 skillset right now but he has the potential to be that guy more so than the others I think. 

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Robert Foster?

2nd year man with less than 5 games ?? 

Lets agree to disagree 

Robert Foster hasn't proved that to me 

Well, his first 5 games in the NFL with a rookie qb and not much of a run game or pass protection and the guy posts numbers that would put him around 1250 yards on a full year?

That's when you invest in a guy, not give up on him.   Remember how durable little guys are in the NFL, and our 1 and 2 receivers are little guys.   We need big fast strong dudes like RF.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think we can all agree that this is Jerry Sullivan's fault.

I think that goes without saying, right? I mean, what else could it be? Jerry with a voodoo needle, or the haunting of Sammy Booboo Foot. IDK, maybe there are other options.....

Never ceases to amaze me. Guy stubs his toe and the first thing people suggest on here is to put him on IR.

See why useless it is to speculate about injuries? Speculation is fine for a lot of things, but injuries is not one of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Well, his first 5 games in the NFL with a rookie qb and not much of a run game or pass protection and the guy posts numbers that would put him around 1250 yards on a full year?

That's when you invest in a guy, not give up on him.   Remember how durable little guys are in the NFL, and our 1 and 2 receivers are little guys.   We need big fast strong dudes like RF.

I asked before and I don’t think anyone replied 

who were the WRs when foster was brought back late I’m the season?

Foster, Zay and McKenzie?

3 long passes tags him as a single function guy.

When limited even mediocre can look good.  

The problem with Foster and all these young receivers is, when you are being told how good you are before you're actually good. That leads to not putting in the work to get better.I guess you say what does that have to do with his foot, well injuries happen when you don't put the time in.