Why did yuppies put lime in Corona's?

The lime is supposed to be rubbed around the rim of the bottle to ward off any bacteria, so says my Mexican buddy who has used the trick countless times in sub par Mexican bars, however, people in North America dump their lime into their beer like they know what they’re doing..........they don’t.

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

In my opinion, Corona tastes like a skunk's ass and people probably put lime in it to make it drinkable.

So drink a different beer.

I just found a good one,  Tres Cabezas Key Lime Gose, from Three heads in Rochester. Vert refreshing on a hot day.

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

I just found a good one,  Tres Cabezas Key Lime Gose, from Three heads in Rochester. Vert refreshing on a hot day.

Don't tread on me, man.

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

a lot of off the wall threads .... so I'll contribute 

Why did yuppies put lime in Corona's?

at the time of this new trend (shortly after TBH) I had traveled to Mexico and South America.  and not one bar I frequented put a piece of fruit in my beer.   

I lived in West Texas briefly in the early 80's. It was there I was introduced to adding salt and lime to the top of a Tecate can.

8 minutes ago, Gary M said:

have you ever been to their brewery in the city?  there's a cover, but there's always quality bands playing there.  

On 8/19/2019 at 3:57 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t drink Mexican beer frequently, but when I do it’s Dos Equis Amber.  And yes to lime in Corona for me.  Only because it tastes like ass without it.

How do you and @Gugny know so much about how ass tastes like?

On 8/19/2019 at 4:39 PM, T&C said:

Why did yuppies drench themselves in Polo cologne? I get that you're wearing Polo but does the entire county have to know...

Then simple truth is .... sex... do you really think any idiot would douse themselves in that crap for less? 

• Haha (+1) 2