Good Night / Bad Night - Pre-season Game 2

GunnerBill

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The question is whether he becomes eligible for that designation immediately or only after clearing waivers. I've seen it reported both ways and the league's guidance is ambiguous. The Buffalo Rumblings guys are generally pretty good though and they are saying he passes through waivers first.

I too have seen it both ways. 

If I'm wrong  I am wrong. 

We'll see in about 2 to 3 weeks the truth of it.  

I see Buffalo Rumblings and I think Buffalo Grumblings   LOL  

• Like (+1) 1

Lacey flashed for me as well (I even started a thread about it).

You didn't mention Darryl Johnson but his sack/FF was a thing of beauty.  I don't see how the Bills can let pass rush talent like that get away, particularly when they drafted him.

• Like (+1) 2

Sal was on GR this morning to discuss Wade's status.  He said that Wade must clear waivers like any other player.  After that, the status gets more murky.  If the Bills don't sign Wade to the 53, I don't see him clearing waivers.  Too much raw talent.  He's got way more upside than Yeldon or Perry, who BTW, also play against the dregs, but aren't ripping 50 yard gains when they touch the ball.  I love this kid, hope McBeane does as well, and puts him on the 53.

Good Night - Isaiah McKenzie.  McKittrick just continues to make plays every time he touches the ball.  That screen pass was a thing of beauty.  We need to keep him, and if Ray-Ray is the casualty of that war, I'm fine with it.

Bad Night - Ray-Ray McCloud.  I just don't see this guy making enough plays.  He did have a nice stick as the gunner on a punt, but drops a catchable first down ball.  If he makes the team over McKittrick, it will because of his ST play.  McKittrick is a way better receiver.  

Good Night - Deon Lacey.  Not a fan of Lacey Underall, thought he should have been gone last year.  But he was all over the field against the Panthers, playing like a wildman.  He definitely isn't going to give up without a fight. 

I love how the competition level in camp is so much higher this year.  We'll be cutting good players to get to 53.  GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Sal was on GR this morning to discuss Wade's status.  He said that Wade must clear waivers like any other player.  After that, the status gets more murky.  If the Bills don't sign Wade to the 53, I don't see him clearing waivers.  Too much raw talent.  He's got way more upside than Yeldon or Perry, who BTW, also play against the dregs, but aren't ripping 50 yard gains when they touch the ball.  I love this kid, hope McBeane does as well, and puts him on the 53.

The confusing part is the word "Protected"  

If he as to go through waivers then IMO he isn't "protected"  what so ever. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Christian Wade - The fairytale continues. It's gonna take more than one of your American arm tackles to get Wade on the ground. He has run away from bigger and scarier dudes than the Panthers 3rd team defense in his rugby career. I still think for him to make the active roster this year would be stretch but one would think that the Bills would take advantage of the roster protection he has to keep him around. 

I'd love to see him return kickoffs in one of these preseason games

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he had another good night - again especially in the run game.

Looking at Spain vs Teller against the same opponents showed that Teller had a better night.  Spain did look a bit out of shape on the pulling plays.  Teller was explosive on those.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You think there is genuine concern with Morse or do you think the coaching staff is being extra  precautious?  

I have myself convinced/mentally prepared for him to announce his retirement by no later than Week 3 of the regular season.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

That would suck on ice.

Definitely.  I was super excited when they got him.  But for him to be on the shelf/"in concussion protocol," from something that occurred without pads ... that's had me worried from day one.

If he is that fragile, I would certainly hope he'd do the right thing for his long-term health and hang 'em up.

• Like (+1) 1

I was a worry wart on this from the beginning. I’m less concerned now. I do think the brass is playing games with this somewhat, but serious concussions aren’t dealt this way Leaguewide. I believe the NFL would come down hard on McBeane if they thought/knew there was more to this than what OBD is admitting. jmo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

He’d have to clear waivers 1st and there isn’t a football fan in America who isn’t up on his exploits, let alone 31 other teams. Does he know what to do after scoring a TD? No. Does he understand he had blockers aligned on the sideline for him to prance into the end zone if he stayed there? No. Does he understand ZY Banana, Trips, Buster? Not likely.  Will he get swooped up on waivers before we have a chance to take advantage of this one time offering? That’s the big question and risk. Personally, he’s shown more than Yeldon & Perry combined. He’s a threat to ‘take it to house’ every play. We don’t have that with anybody else.

You're assuming another team will claim him for their active 53??    The questions you yourself ask likely would also scare other teams away too from active 53.  Would other team like him o n their PS, sure, but why would be sign for another teams PS and not Buffalo?  Often guys will sign with another team because they feel they were shafted, don't sense that about him if he were to be cut.