Seahawks rookie D.K. Metcalf to have knee surgery

Image result for dk metcalf
  • By Adam Maya NFL.com
  • Published: Aug. 19, 2019 at 12:21 a.m.
  • Updated: Aug. 19, 2019 at 06:16 a.m.

By all accounts, rookie wide receiver D.K. Metcalf was having a strong summer for the Seahawks. His fall debut might be delayed.

Seattle coach Pete Carroll told reporters Sunday that Metcalf needs surgery on his knee. Carroll didn't offer a definitive timetable for the dynamic athlete's return but said he would likely know more after the procedure, which is planned for Tuesday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001042659/article/seahawks-rookie-dk-metcalf-to-have-knee-surgery

Edited by HOUSE

31 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Image result for dk metcalf
  • By Adam Maya NFL.com
  • Published: Aug. 19, 2019 at 12:21 a.m.
  • Updated: Aug. 19, 2019 at 06:16 a.m.

By all accounts, rookie wide receiver D.K. Metcalf was having a strong summer for the Seahawks. His fall debut might be delayed.

Seattle coach Pete Carroll told reporters Sunday that Metcalf needs surgery on his knee. Carroll didn't offer a definitive timetable for the dynamic athlete's return but said he would likely know more after the procedure, which is planned for Tuesday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001042659/article/seahawks-rookie-dk-metcalf-to-have-knee-surgery

The first of many injuries due to lack of flexibility...i called it pre draft

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

The first of many injuries due to lack of flexibility...i called it pre draft

Agree and felt the same way about him.  He's way way way too top heavy.  Those leg tendons are over-exercised and carrying more weight (arguably all muscle) than they should be.  Those tendons are also now running routes, precise as possible, and that adds serious stress to them.

• Like (+1) 1

I guarantee he's a lot less top heavy now that he's getting tested.   

There's a big window between the end of college football a rookie's first PED test.   Just ask Aaron Maybin.   

You can juice away (assuming you use the right anabolic or hgh).

I think Maybins weight loss was around 30lbs when he had to go natural.  Metcalf is probably quite a bit smaller now, might help his chances to stay healthy.

Just now, aristocrat said:

i was looking for him last night but didn't seem him with the starters.  was he hurt in the game or before?

It sounds like he hurt it last week, so I don’t think he was out there. Also Pete said it’s not that serious. Who knows though, he might just be saying that to keep the media at bay.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, that was a concern for him. Bulk and raw athleticism doesn’t do much without flexibility. If he’s smart, he’ll scale back on the weights and start doing yoga or something to gain flexibility. 

Pilates work too.  Considering he's a wide receiver too its kind of important.  

• Like (+1) 1