Sully is optimistic; we're f***ed...

eball

Did I just see a Sully article linked on the front page of TBD?  Of course I won't click on it, but the "preview" seems to suggest Sully thinks this team is "different" and will take a big step forward.

We're screwed.

• Haha (+1) 14

20 minutes ago, eball said:

Did I just see a Sully article linked on the front page of TBD?  Of course I won't click on it, but the "preview" seems to suggest Sully thinks this team is "different" and will take a big step forward.

We're screwed.

His negativity is usually accurate.  That is probably why we dislike him.  So maybe his optomism will be as well.

• Like (+1) 8

25 minutes ago, eball said:

We're screwed.

He has never been optimistic before so how are we screwed?

• Haha (+1) 2

I too am optimistic. I have had a feeling this team would be special stirring for a while, going back to the beginning of FA. After 20 years I do believe our team is ready to make some noise. We will have balance and the defense is going to be more effective getting pressure on the QB which in turn will lead to more turnovers. The only thing that worries me right now is the depth at LB. Other than that I feel this is the best overall team we have fielded since the late 90's. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

We're screwed.

while I am no fan of Sully, I don't get what you are saying, he has been pessimistic for years and looking back at history, has he been wrong?   I dont like him because he generally is a glass is empty (not half emtpy) type...total downer.

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

His negativity is usually accurate.  That is probably why we dislike him.  So maybe his optomism will be as well.

Well Jerry was moping all camp because he didn't have a negative story to latch onto. But then Morse got concussed and Jerry was happy again, questioning the front office skills of Brandon Beane for "ignoring the injury history of Morse out of desperation to make the playoffs because they are on some kind of hot seat from the Pegulas."

Well the team seems to be thriving despite losing Morse for a few weeks. Apparently Beane was smart enough to sign enough capable backups in case guys like Morse are lost to injury. So there goes that Jerry conspiracy theory out the window.

So now it looks like Jerry has given up and is willing to accept the Bills might actually be good now. Until the next bad thing happens anyway. It must be killing him.

50 minutes ago, mattynh said:

while I am no fan of Sully, I don't get what you are saying, he has been pessimistic for years and looking back at history, has he been wrong?   I dont like him because he generally is a glass is empty (not half emtpy) type...total downer.

Yes he's been wrong. Because being an endless pessimist doesn't make you right. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

It was never about his accuracy. 

His doom and gloom reporting was a drain. I think most fans enjoyed having some optimism in the offseason and training camp, and Sully never could find much positive to write about. We had our share of good times mixed in with the bad so he could of let off the gloom pedal....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes he's been wrong. Because being an endless pessimist doesn't make you right. 

When you’ve been covering the Bills for the past 20 years it does.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That said, he still gets great guests on his radio show

I keep forgetting about his show.  When WGR goes to The Instigators this time of year, I have been going to many of the podcasts that have cropped up lately.  Jerry could be a viable option to have on while I work around the lab.