Who could we realistically trade Zay or Shady for?

rayray808

5 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

PP, you may be right about him being this year's Peterman, with the exception of the facts that he is a former NFL leading rushing with likely hall of fame pace rushing yardage, other than for last year.

Besides that he is essentially a twin with a player who has accomplished almost nothing in his career beyond a record setting number of first half interceptions in his first start.

I will explain as much how this analogy work. It has nothing to do with the past. 

In 2018 Nate Peterman started at a job, that other players were better at. 
In 2019 Lesean McCoy is likely to start at a job that others are better at now not in 2012, or 2013, or even 2014.   

28 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I will explain as much how this analogy work. It has nothing to do with the past. 

In 2018 Nate Peterman started at a job, that other players were better at. 
In 2019 Lesean McCoy is likely to start at a job that others are better at now not in 2012, or 2013, or even 2014.   

Based upon what?

That Singletary or Gore is thoroughly and decisively better than Shady due to a handful of preseason carries?

Has there been any outright rhetoric that Shady is being outplayed in practice, or that there is any dissatisfaction by the coaches?

I’ll go to my original position...this is a great back that people have decided to kick to the curb on limited, flawed and weighted evidence due to the consequences of last year.

I do give you great credit for the ease with which you put him, not in the peterman category as a player then, but as this almost tragic mistake if he plays as a starter for this team for any length of time. 

I mean no insults, PP, honestly.  I am not like that around here.  I just strongly disagree.

if you are correct and It does happen as you say...yes, it will be trouble for the season, my friend.

6 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This is it. Zay has to deliver. His level of play thus far does not warrant a second contract. He is fine for a second year player, but he needs to start to elevate his game. He has started by cleaning up many of the drops, but he needs to do more. 

Zay had one more drop than Woods last year. Granted, Woods had more targets, but their drop percentage is only 2% difference.  

Again, to my point, perception v. reality. 

Real question:  Why are you ignoring the 8 drops on film in 12 games with Josh Allen and still reading the stat sheet inaccuracy of "two" dropped passes?  

I don't have an issue if you're still optimistic on Zay, that's all good.  But I keep seeing people trying to claim he dropped just 2 passes where he clearly dropped more and its on tape, not some inaccurate stat sheet.  The Josh Allen video shows he dropped a lot more than 2 in just the 12 games with Josh, it doesn't even account for the 4 games he played with DA and NP.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Real question:  Why are you ignoring the 8 drops on film in 12 games with Josh Allen and still reading the stat sheet inaccuracy of "two" dropped passes?  

I don't have an issue if you're still optimistic on Zay, that's all good.  But I keep seeing people trying to claim he dropped just 2 passes where he clearly dropped more and its on tape, not some inaccurate stat sheet.  The Josh Allen video shows he dropped a lot more than 2 in just the 12 games with Josh, it doesn't even account for the 4 games he played with DA and NP.

I think the official number is 6.  I didn't see anyone say 2, but I take your word for it. 

As far as the video, I have watched it, and some of those "drops" should not be drops.  Like the play where he tried to catch the ball on his back.  It is sort of reminiscent of the of the Clay Miami "drop." Threads upon threads dedicated to whether it was a bad throw or a drop.  Its subjective. 

I like relying on the stat keepers here.  Maybe the stat keepers have a different vision of what a drop is than the fans. However, its the same standard applied to every player in the league. It provides a reliable metric to see where Zay stacks up against the other WRs in the league. 

Anyone see McDermotts presser this morning?  Was pretty vanilla about Zay when asked questions.  Didn't throw him under the bus, but he also didn't really give him a vote of confidence either.  When asked about his reduced role, he didn't dispute it and said Zay is accepting it.  

For a guy some people are certain is going to start and be a big part of the offense, McD seemed less committed and even said roles are still being determined, but also didn't dispute the reduced role either.  He said some positive things, but it felt pretty cookie cutter and certainly could have showed more commitment to him. 

Could be nothing, but just found it interesting.  

• Like (+1) 1