Who could we realistically trade Zay or Shady for?

rayray808

I do not understand how this is still a topic being bantered about. Why anybody wouldn't want Shady on this team this year is absolutely beyond me. Zay I can understand, but personally I do want him to have one more season to prove it or not. Both of these guys will be important pieces of the team this year. If you want to talk about trading or releasing or not resigning them next year, sure. But for this year, there is no question that they are more valuable on the team than off. Neither player has any significant trade value at the moment. So why give up good players for, what a conditional 6th or 7th round pick. I do not see how that helps the team. Do some of you guys not want to win this year? Sure, Zay may never become more than an average #2 WR, but after Brown and Beasley, who on the team is better right now? Singletary may or may not be ready to go as a rookie all year, Gore could finally hit the wall. We've had too many seasons where having no depth has killed us. We finally have some real depth at a number of positions and people want to deplete that for a low round draft pick? I just do not understand the logic.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Who could we realistically trade Zay or Shady for?

yo’ mamma. Realistically..

....my apology....I used up all of my suggestions in the other 183 "trade Zay.....trade Shady" threads...........BTW, how is Tasker as a broadcaster?................

• Haha (+1) 3

8 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I could see Jones getting picked up by the Patriots then becoming a star.

Like Robert Woods with the Rams.  Zay Jones doubled his yards and tripled his touchdowns last year compared to his rookie year.  The bubble players at WR aren't as good as Jones.  He's staying at least another year.  Like it or not.

• Like (+1) 1

I haven't read through the entire thread, but I would think you might be able to get a 3rd from the right team for Zay Jones. I wouldn't think that would be a good move, though; to expect that any third rounder would turn out better than Jones is a pretty big stretch.

I would think McCoy's trade value is essentially none. The Bills will probably quietly let him walk at the end of the year.

13 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Had a good fantasy day on this day.  Dropped an important pass at the end. 

didn't you get the memo?  

Zay is only good against Miami.

12 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I honestly don’t know, but I’m not talking about stats generally; I’m citing one specific stat—drops. He does not drop the ball the way it is represented on this board.

Here is the problem.  

Define a drop in the NFL.    

Was it really a catchable ball or a ball that bounced off his fingers? 

Don't get me wrong, Zay has a lot to prove this season if he wants to stay in Buffalo.   

Hey stat people 

Pass Dropped

#1 with 8 J. EdelmanM. EvansG. TateT. Yeldon  all tied at 8. 

#5 with 6 J. Brown Buf from BAL

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=nfl&rank=232&type=receiving

from a year ago v

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=nfl&rank=232&type=receiving

TEAM TOTAL dropped passes 

18 th  Buffalo 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

didn't you get the memo?  

Zay is only good against Miami.

Here is the problem.  

Define a drop in the NFL.    

Was it really a catchable ball or a ball that bounced off his fingers? 

Don't get me wrong, Zay has a lot to prove this season if he wants to stay in Buffalo.   

This is it. Zay has to deliver. His level of play thus far does not warrant a second contract. He is fine for a second year player, but he needs to start to elevate his game. He has started by cleaning up many of the drops, but he needs to do more. 

27 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Yikes.     One is tough and has sure hands.  

The other jumps through glass 

Zay had one more drop than Woods last year. Granted, Woods had more targets, but their drop percentage is only 2% difference.  

Again, to my point, perception v. reality. 

14 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I hope you are right.  But I think it is more likely we lose a game or two because Shady is a weak starter before McD accepts the truth. He is this years peterman. 

PP, you may be right about him being this year's Peterman, with the exception of the facts that he is a former NFL leading rushing with likely hall of fame pace rushing yardage, other than for last year.

Besides that he is essentially a twin with a player who has accomplished almost nothing in his career beyond a record setting number of first half interceptions in his first start.

25 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Zay had one more drop than Woods last year. Granted, Woods had more targets, but their drop percentage is only 2% difference.  

Again, to my point, perception v. reality. 

Woods ranked top 10 FF WR, Zay #77 

Reality is Zay has a lot of work to do to be Robert Woods 

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Woods ranked top 10 FF WR, Zay #77 

Reality is Zay has a lot of work to do to be Robert Woods 

That is not at all responsive to what I am saying. Here is an analogy: i am having a debate about colors, and your response is "but numbers."  Sure, you are right, but doesn't have a thing to do about the colors debate. 

Zay is a fairly cheap player.  Going into his third, in an offense that he certainly wont be focal point all bolds well for him.  I think at seasons end his numbers will be pretty good.  I expect a few really good games with multiple Tds and in totality may even end the season with the best numbers in terms of yards and Tds.

31 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

That is not at all responsive to what I am saying. Here is an analogy: i am having a debate about colors, and your response is "but numbers."  Sure, you are right, but doesn't have a thing to do about the colors debate. 

Zay under 70 yards receiving 13 times last season.      He’s not good.        It’s time to face the music and stop the charade ??‍♂️

Put up or be gone time for stonehands.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Zay under 70 yards receiving 13 times last season.      He’s not good.        It’s time to face the music and stop the charade ??‍♂️

Put up or be gone time for stonehands.

Ok, well, I guess we can have that argument. You know who else was held to under 70 yards per game his first three seasons (maybe even 4, I'm not sure)? Robert Woods. 

This "stonehands" thing. I feel like I am crazy town. How can people be that obtuse?