Eric Dungey over Tyree Jackson

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Are they running the right routes?  Are they doing what their assignments are?  Are they getting separation?  That is how you evaluate them. 

I would even argue having Tyree throwing to them gives them the opportunity to show their catch Radius as well. 

On a side note. Tyree is the perfect PS QB to have why?  Getting ready to play a Big Armed QB? You have a Big Armed QB on PS.  Getting ready to play a Mobile QB?  You have that on the PS. 

Getting ready to play a timing QB?  You have that on you team as well with Barkley. 

He will. In LA with the Chargers as he plays TT off that roster. 

Cardale is NOT pushing Tyrod off the roster, flat out, not happening.  Tyrod is probably the BEST backup in the entire league right now, Cardale is hoping to catch on with somebody.   Believe it or not, a backup matters and if you are a coach, who are you going to put your faith in "we didn't come here to play school" or an accomplished vertern QB who has proven he can win games and not turn the ball over?  

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

And this is true for just about every team in the NFL.  I will never understand the infatuation with the backup QB when it comes to Bills fans.

And this thread isn't even about the backup, this is about the backup to the backup.  We signed the wrong guy, what was Beane thinking.  Fire him!

Maybe if Allen or Barkley were to get hurt on Friday, two days before the next game, Jackson might get promoted to the 53 for that one week.  But the following Monday they'll very likely be looking for someone with experience.  Derek Anderson will be on speed dial.

5 hours ago, SoTier said:

Somebody said that the only QB who mattered was Allen, which was a stupid statement.   This year, it's clear that Barkley is the second stringer but last season the Bills went with the wrong QB, and they paid for it in spades.

Its not a stupid statement and what happened last year is irrelevant. We have Allen and Barkley, which people are generally happy with. So again, why are we even discussing the 3rd string QB? If Allen sucks or gets hurt then this season is toast.

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Cardale is NOT pushing Tyrod off the roster, flat out, not happening.  Tyrod is probably the BEST backup in the entire league right now, Cardale is hoping to catch on with somebody.   Believe it or not, a backup matters and if you are a coach, who are you going to put your faith in "we didn't come here to play school" or an accomplished vertern QB who has proven he can win games and not turn the ball over?  

Cardale. There that easy because he has outplayed Tyrod all offseason. 

On thing is for sure. I did not want the Bills to carry 3 QBs into the season. And with Tyree’s play he pretty much guaranteed that isn’t going to happen. 

Now the decision is has he also played himself off the PS??

• Like (+1) 1

who?

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

MAybe it’s my bias to watching him play at UB, but I want the Bills to keep him.  What did people expect?  He was super raw coming out.  But In terms of developmental qbs, he’s exactly what you want.  And he fits really well with Allen.  

NFL isn't the developmental league..

20 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Anyone see Cardale Jones play for the Chargers today?  Sometimes crappy QBs get better if you (shocker!!) give them time to develop. That said TJ6 is pretty bad right now.

I think TJ looks about the same/slightly worse than when Cardale was here airmailing throws all over the place.

Now after 3 seasons - Cardale is pushing TT as a back-up and by many reports outplaying him.  I still do not think Cardale will ever get a shot as a starter, but he has a chance to play a bit in this league because of his development time.

Jackson is very similar- huge raw talent - same thing we saw with Allen last year.  I have no issues if they want to keep Jackson around - I think even if he is on the practice squad - they would still sign a veteran street FA over promoting Jackson if a 3rd QB is needed.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/18/2019 at 5:53 PM, Bangarang said:

I honestly don’t understand this obsession with a 3rd string QB. The only QB that matters is Allen. 

If you need to have a 3rd string QB play it really doesnt matter, you will pretty much lose every game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think TJ looks about the same/slightly worse than when Cardale was here airmailing throws all over the place.

Now after 3 seasons - Cardale is pushing TT as a back-up and by many reports outplaying him.  I still do not think Cardale will ever get a shot as a starter, but he has a chance to play a bit in this league because of his development time.

Jackson is very similar- huge raw talent - same thing we saw with Allen last year.  I have no issues if they want to keep Jackson around - I think even if he is on the practice squad - they would still sign a veteran street FA over promoting Jackson if a 3rd QB is needed.

No offense, but Cardale looked far more ready at this point of his career. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nick the Greek said:

Bring in the Cuse grad. 

You’d at least drum up some interest in Syracuse as Dungey played his college ball there. Seems like a good idea to me. 

UB has 7500 more kids at school than SU and is in Buffalo.   Might be why they signed Tyree.

9 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Bring in the Cuse grad. 

You’d at least drum up some interest in Syracuse as Dungey played his college ball there. Seems like a good idea to me. 

6 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

UB has 7500 more kids at school than SU and is in Buffalo.   Might be why they signed Tyree.

I don't think bringing local 3rd string QBs to drum up new fans is a solid business plan..

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

Buffalo is the local team in Buffalo. They don’t need to sign a local kid to increase interest. The same cannot be said about the Cuse.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't think bringing local 3rd string QBs to drum up new fans is a solid business plan..

You wouldn’t believe the amount of Syracuse residents that jumped on the Eagles bandwagon when they took McNabb. 

8 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Buffalo is the local team in Buffalo. They don’t need to sign a local kid to increase interest. The same cannot be said about the Cuse.

You wouldn’t believe the amount of Syracuse residents that jumped on the Eagles bandwagon when they took McNabb. 

McNabb was Syracuse's best QB ever in the only modern era where they were nationally relevant and he was drafted #2.

Dungey couldn't be picked out of a lineup outside of any bar on Marshall Street right now.....