Eric Dungey over Tyree Jackson

I think Bills took the wrong NY QB.  I see how Tyree might have had more upside but Dungey was a far more accurate passer and played at a higher level.  I just don't see Jackson as an NFL QB but Dungey made plays and made his team better.  What more could you ask for from a 3rd string Practice Squad QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

I understand that he is only our 3rd string qb and there is zero chance that he makes the roster but the reason that it is important is how can we properly judge our wide receivers. Is it fair to Duke Williams, Cam Phillips, Isaiah McKenzie or any of the other wide receivers that are battling for the final wr spot?

• Like (+1) 1

I think it is not a bad idea to have a 3rd string develemental QB on  practice squad, I would hate to ever see Tyree have to come in and play QB for the Bills.  Dungey was at least competitive and was instrumental is SU's success last year.  I am not close to being any kind of talent evaluator but IMHO Tyree doesn't have it.

27 minutes ago, richardb1952 said:

I think it is not a bad idea to have a 3rd string develemental QB on  practice squad, I would hate to ever see Tyree have to come in and play QB for the Bills.  Dungey was at least competitive and was instrumental is SU's success last year.  I am not close to being any kind of talent evaluator but IMHO Tyree doesn't have it.

I agree, a 3rd QB isn't a bad idea, even on the PS, and Jackson isn't a NFL QB, I'd look to Indy and whoever they cut between Phillip Wheeler and Chad Kelly, both have played well for them.

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, richardb1952 said:

So,why hasnt any team signed Dungey if he  is  as good as you say?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I honestly don’t understand this obsession with a 3rd string QB. The only QB that matters is Allen. 

I disagree.  As we found out last season, having a competent backup QB matters, too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, anthonymario said:

I understand that he is only our 3rd string qb and there is zero chance that he makes the roster but the reason that it is important is how can we properly judge our wide receivers. Is it fair to Duke Williams, Cam Phillips, Isaiah McKenzie or any of the other wide receivers that are battling for the final wr spot?

Do realize that the vast majority of analysis happens in practice, not during pre-season games ? 

1 hour ago, richardb1952 said:

Dungey was a great college quarterback. But his skillset does not transfer well to the next level. Not to mention - his concussions won't allow him to play anyway.

He's at peace with moving on to his broadcasting career.