Cedric Benson dies in motorcycle crash

Doc Brown

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

If the government really cared about the safety of anyone on the highways they wouldn’t allow cycles on the road to begin with.

I'm not catchin' what you're pitchin', here.

Check out the statistics (which I referenced earlier) about accidents involving cars and motorcycles.

It's rarely the motorcycle driver's fault.

Just now, Gugny said:

I'm not catchin' what you're pitchin', here.

Check out the statistics (which I referenced earlier) about accidents involving cars and motorcycles.

It's rarely the motorcycle driver's fault.

I didn’t say it was.

What I am saying is when a motorcycle is involved in an accident the injuries are, on average, far worse than that of passengers in a car type vehicle.

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I didn’t say it was.

What I am saying is when a motorcycle is involved in an accident the injuries are, on average, far worse than that of passengers in a car type vehicle.

Ohhhh ... so you're saying that if the government cared about the safety of us citizens, then motorcycles wouldn't even be legal.

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Ohhhh ... so you're saying that if the government cared about the safety of us citizens, then motorcycles wouldn't even be legal.

If they cared about injuries on the highway. Personally, I’m fine with motorcycles on the road. What i am saying is the seatbelt law is nothing more than a money grab by the government. Once someone is 18, and they don’t want to wear a seatbelt, that should be their choice. JMO

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

If they cared about injuries on the highway. Personally, I’m fine with motorcycles on the road. What i am saying is the seatbelt law is nothing more than a money grab by the government. Once someone is 18, and they don’t want to wear a seatbelt, that should be their choice. JMO

I actually agree with you, there.  Not wearing a seatbelt only puts one person at risk ... the person who chooses to not wear one.  Not wearing a seatbelt doesn't affect anyone else on the road.

I do agree that children should be required to wear them by law (as I think you do, too, based on your 18 qualification).

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I 100% agree that adults should be able to make their own choices, but I don’t want my insurance costs to go up a dime because of people who are stupid. How do we walk that tightrope?