Cedric Benson dies in motorcycle crash

Doc Brown

I'm white knuckle riding every day in a truck. There's no way I'm riding these roads on a motorcycle. The highways and byways are a hell of a lot different than when Peter Fonda was easy riding. God rest his soul.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 4

RIP

I see all these bumper stickers saying “watch out for motorcycles”. If I was a bumper sticker guy I’d respond with “stop weaving in and out of traffic at high rates of speed: that could kill you!” 

I’ll never get on one. Not worth the thrill. 

• Like (+1) 6

I live in Florida and see, every day, people of all ages riding around on Harley type bikes with no helmets!  That's legal down here.

I guess these people have zero respect for their own lives.  

One little mishap and what is a fender bender to the guy in his car means the life of that guy or gal on the bike with no helmet.

To each their own.

• Like (+1) 1

He’s had a few duis - which you hate to wonder about.

From what I read this is a pretty death defying road but happened at a particularly straight shot with a light that some Texans are speculating he may have ran. That being blind speculation from folks that drive this stretch. 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

He’s had a few duis - which you hate to wonder about.

From what I read this is a pretty death defying road but happened at a particularly straight shot with a light that some Texans are speculating he may have ran. That being blind speculation from folks that drive this stretch. 

80% of car/motorcycle collisions are the driver of the car's fault; mostly turning left into an oncoming motorcycle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

80% of car/motorcycle collisions are the driver of the car's fault; mostly turning left into an oncoming motorcycle.

Was my initial thought too, but was sharing commentary from those that drive this road. They seemed to think likely the other way for some reason (a handful of folks)

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Was my initial thought too, but was sharing commentary from those that drive this road. They seemed to think likely the other way for some reason (a handful of folks)

I hate to speculate, especially after two people died; but given his history of driving under the influence, it's tough to not think this might be alcohol-related.  Alcohol and motorcycles - especially two-up (with a passenger) are not a good combination.  It's sad.  From what I've been reading about him and interviews with him, it seems like he was a good dude who battled demons like many of us do.  RIP.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You're also 27 times more likely to die when on a motorcycle in a crash compared to a car.  I'll never understand why people take the risk.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

Hate listening to loud motorcycles, but don't blame those that ride them one bit. Hard to see them coming even with the light on. Add distracted driving to the mix of difficult to see vehicle,, if I rode I would want to use every tool available to be noticed.

Anyways this is sad, RIP.

On 8/18/2019 at 3:30 PM, Not at the table Karlos said:

RIP...

This is the reason I’ll never get a motorcycle. I’d be dead in a week.  

A friend end of mine died in Albion a little over a week ago crashing his motorcycle into a truck turning on to the road.

Kicks?  That was sad to see man.  I am sorry about your friend.   The turn out for the memorial looked to be overwhelming, well loved guy.