One of or both of Sweeney and Knox...

whorlnut

7 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

They could very well become 1 and 2 this year. However, I'd take the under on a combined 80 receptions without Kroft in the picture all day.  For a measuring stick, Kroft had 42 receptions for 404 yards in 2017. You're more likely to see one of them reciprocate this than both adding up to 80.

By the time Kroft is eligible to return, he might not see the field.

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I would rather keep 4 TE and get rid of DiMarco. 

Me as well but that's Sean's boy there and I doubt he goes anywhere.

31 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Neither did the Ol Miss fans...

They didn't need to with the talent they had at receiver. The kids a lock and is going to be good IMO.

34 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Me as well but that's Sean's boy there and I doubt he goes anywhere.

They didn't need to with the talent they had at receiver. The kids a lock and is going to be good IMO.

He's a lock to make the roster yes.  Maybe he will be good.  he hasn't done much to prove so yet.  He was a TE for 2 years in his football life to this point....

9 hours ago, whorlnut said:

...will be studs. I really believe that by drafting two TEs and having Sweeney show something while Knox is out will pay huge dividends. These guys will push each other because they know that the other guy is breathing down their neck if they have a few bad plays. I’m really excited about the position for the first time in a VERY long time.

and don't forget Tyler Kroft...We could have a pretty good TE group on this team. When you have three players better than your last years best (Croom) that says about the depth we ahve built.

7 hours ago, Sunshower said:

Knox actually had a fairly underwhelming college career, but has all the measurable of a 1st round pick. Sweeney actually produced more in college.

Knox had a QB in college who had three future NFL WR's to throw to before he thought of throwing to Knox.  Sweeney did not.  

6 hours ago, Magox said:

Well, you can count me in with the kooky funny crowd because I am going to go out on a limb and say that both Knox and Sweeney will be the best TE tandem that the Bills have had in since.....well.....

Forever.

I'm on both their bandwagons

Metzalarz & McKeller say ‘Hi!’

I love Sweeney. Think he will go down as an absolute steal.

Didn't like the Knox pick and I think we could end up looking back wishing we'd not have made the move and drafted a WR/OL. 

We shall see.

5 hours ago, chris heff said:

There is really only one thing that counts, neither of them is Charles Clay, so I say keep both.

That's a virtual given. Sweeney has proven too much to be PS'd and Knox was a third round pick.

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Well Sweeney is 24 so “youngster” might be a stretch.

Well, when you’re sixty, twenty four is youngster ?

Go Bills!!!

I think both Sweeney and Knox will make the roster.  Beane will have to adjust accordingly.  Sweeney's play makes it tough to keep Lee Smith as a blocking TE.  The injury to Kroft gives the Bills some flexibility.  He likely won't be fully ready to go at the start of the season, and I think the Bills can just leave him on PUP until such a time as they need him.

usatsi_13219426.jpg?w=1024&h=614&crop=1

Bills TE Lee Smith is rooting for rookie Tommy Sweeney

Bills tight end Tommy Sweeney has one of his biggest fans very close to home. It’s teammate Lee Smith.

Both playing the same position, it could be tough to imagine both players making the team’s final roster. Especially with the roller coaster the Bills have had at the position this offseason.

“There’s nobody pulling for more than me. I was him,” Smith told the team’s website. “Like I said I was a later round pick who was just trying to find my way in the league. And I had good veteran, Kyle Williams around me back in those days, he showed me how to be a true pro.”

Smith wasn’t a seventh rounder, but he was a later pick in the fifth in 2011 by the Bills, so he can level with the rookie.