One of or both of Sweeney and Knox...

whorlnut

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Duke just doesn’t seem to fit in with what they’re doing on offense.  If the idea is to keep Duke on the roster to be that red zone “go up and get it” guy, I think we have other players that can fit that need.

Duke fits into the WR room like a turd in a punch bowl.  He seems to have good hands, but ultimately he’s slow, not a great route runner, and isn’t great at creating separation.

JMO

I think they keep McKenzie over DJ and Ray Ray.

So, in other words.   Let’s get excited, but not too excited, eh?

I already had Knox and Sweeney going to the HOF.  Bummer ?

Yes, 100. I ain't going to lie, def said I was going to buy a Sweeney HOF jersey. But if there is one thing we do well (or me at least), it's getting overly excited for a usually disappointing reason 

Sweeney was ready to get too it and is making the most his preseason.

Knox, despite his rep as some sort workout freak in the gym, got "a hammy" 3 days into camp and hasn't played since.  He has hardly any production in college--far less than Sweeney.   Time Knox spent in the Red Zone in college was while walking back to the locker room after each half.

If it comes down to one, Sweeney wins.

I could see us rolling with Smith, Knox, and Sweeney to start the season. Croom has two games to take his spot back. Either way, that third guy is likely getting cut when Kroft comes back from PUP. 

Edited by VW82

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This is funny. 

Knox has been injured a majority of camp, yet based on his limited college statistics and media camp reports, he is going to be a stud.But don’t worry, hedge your bet by throwing in the 7th rd pick who has had a couple nice catches in preseason, and you can’t go wrong.

Knox actually had a fairly underwhelming college career, but has all the measurable of a 1st round pick. Sweeney actually produced more in college.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Daboll has his Gronk and Hernandez to create matchup problems and dictate pace to exploit favorable sub packages. 

Now before anyone goes off, I’m not saying either is as good as Gronk; far from it. Just saying Daboll is discovering two new tools in his box,  he has seen up close how those tools may be used, and I won’t be the least bit surprised to see him utilize certain schemes as a result.

Can you clarify which of the rookie Bills TEs is a future Hall of Fame player?

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sweeney was ready to get too it and is making the most his preseason.

Knox, despite his rep as some sort workout freak in the gym, got "a hammy" 3 days into camp and hasn't played since.  He has hardly any production in college--far less than Sweeney.   Time Knox spent in the Red Zone in college was while walking back to the locker room after each half.

If it comes down to one, Sweeney wins.

Knox is making the 53 dude.  They traded up into the 3rd round to get him.  No way he doesn’t make the team.

I could see Lee Smith being the odd man out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Knox is making the 53 dude.  They traded up into the 3rd round to get him.  No way he doesn’t make the team.

I could see Lee Smith being the odd man out.

He's my surprise cut.

But yeah, moving up to get Knox seems like a bit of a head scratcher.  So little to go on, it seems.  Ol Miss hardly used him.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Me too.  But DiMarco had a sweet block on the Shady TD though.  Thing of beauty.

My stance on FBs in the modern day NFL....unless they’re legit pass catchers, I really don’t see the need.

For me I keep either DiMarco or Smith, not both. Like someone else posted, Lee Smith may be surprise cut especially if Croom is able to play and DiMarco keeps up decent play. I still hate the idea of a FB in 2019 but I get he does other things. They have enough OL swing tackles to line up in heavy sets and report as eligible.  

18 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Can you clarify which of the rookie Bills TEs is a future Hall of Fame player?

Ah, there it is. What part of, “Now before anyone goes off, I’m not saying either is as good as Gronk; far from it,” was hard to understand? 

My post was offered in a far larger context than a mere comparison between the talent levels of Gronk and anyone on our roster. It was about Daboll more than anything else.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Ah, there it is. What part of, “Now before anyone goes off, I’m not saying either is as good as Gronk; far from it,” was hard to understand? 

My post was offered in a far larger context than a mere comparison between the talent levels of Gronk and anyone on our roster. It was about Daboll more than anything else.

Anyone with half a brain understood what you were trying to convey.

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

But yeah, moving up to get Knox seems like a bit of a head scratcher.  So little to go on, it seems.  Ol Miss hardly used him.

Knox was looking good in OTAs and early camp and appeared to have a good connection going with Allen. His athletic traits are outstanding and this regime will always take a chance on a hard working athletic specimen. I hope he is a full participant soon so they can rebuild that connection.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Daboll has his Gronk and Hernandez to create matchup problems and dictate pace to exploit favorable sub packages. 

Now before anyone goes off, I’m not saying either is as good as Gronk; far from it. Just saying Daboll is discovering two new tools in his box,  he has seen up close how those tools may be used, and I won’t be the least bit surprised to see him utilize certain schemes as a result.

And Beasley in the Edelman/Walker role. ?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Knox was looking good in OTAs and early camp and appeared to have a good connection going with Allen. His athletic traits are outstanding and this regime will always take a chance on a hard working athletic specimen. I hope he is a full participant soon so they can rebuild that connection.

That's all great but still a stretch at 3rd.

Sweeney is same size and is working well right now. No connection to rebuild. 

22 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Hey, you did everything you could. I don’t know what more I can tell you.....

• Haha (+1) 1