One of or both of Sweeney and Knox...

whorlnut

...will be studs. I really believe that by drafting two TEs and having Sweeney show something while Knox is out will pay huge dividends. These guys will push each other because they know that the other guy is breathing down their neck if they have a few bad plays. I’m really excited about the position for the first time in a VERY long time.

• Like (+1) 4

Yup, like the youngsters at TE.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

...will be studs. I really believe that by drafting two TEs and having Sweeney show something while Knox is out will pay huge dividends. These guys will push each other because they know that the other guy is breathing down their neck if they have a few bad plays. I’m really excited about the position for the first time in a VERY long time.

Both 

• Like (+1) 3

This is funny. 

Knox has been injured a majority of camp, yet based on his limited college statistics and media camp reports, he is going to be a stud.But don’t worry, hedge your bet by throwing in the 7th rd pick who has had a couple nice catches in preseason, and you can’t go wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Having Sweeney and Knox makes the Duke Williams vs McKenzie/McCloud decision easier, IMO.  We do have big guys other than Duke who can make contested catches in the red zone.

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This is funny. 

Knox has been injured a majority of camp, yet based on his limited college statistics and media camp reports, he is going to be a stud.But don’t worry, hedge your bet by throwing in the 7th rd pick who has had a couple nice catches in preseason, and you can’t go wrong.

If there wasn’t rampant speculation and unrealistic expectations to discuss, what the hell would we do around here in the offseason?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This is funny. 

Your user name and this post made me chuckle. 

There is no question a 7th rounder has a lot to prove but draft pundits spoke highly of Sweeny's hands/catching ability and sounds like veteran TE Lee Smith has taken Sweeny under his wing,.  Did you see Sweeny's over the shoulder catch Friday night?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Both 

...sad that for YEARS the QB spot was THE #1 most neglected since the Kelly era....and I STILL think TE spot was a close #2.....BOTH are woefully unconscionable  WTF stains on OBD thinking.....BUT....McBeane and company, REAL football running the show have addressed BOTH positions in short order.....special thanks to Pegula for ignoring the "TBD Experts" clamoring for "...fire McBeane...fire McDermott..".....their "mea culpas" are forthcoming......crickets.......

• Like (+1) 4

Daboll has his Gronk and Hernandez to create matchup problems and dictate pace to exploit favorable sub packages. 

Now before anyone goes off, I’m not saying either is as good as Gronk; far from it. Just saying Daboll is discovering two new tools in his box,  he has seen up close how those tools may be used, and I won’t be the least bit surprised to see him utilize certain schemes as a result.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Beef on Weck said:

There is no question a 7th rounder has a lot to prove but draft pundits spoke highly of Sweeny's hands/catching ability and sounds like veteran TE Lee Smith has taken Sweeny under his wing,.  Did you see Sweeny's over the shoulder catch Friday night?

Yes it was a really nice play.

No doubt he can get separation, despite his average measurables. I’m optimistic about our TE situation, actually, for the first time in years. Yet, we still have a glaring, unproven hole at the position. Bringing in a couple young players sparking with potential and coupling it with some feel-good stories and a few nice plays, isn’t enough to have me feeling that we’ve got “studs” at the position. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

MV5BZDY3MmZjN2EtNjE4OC00MGQ2LWFhZDUtYzBiOWE3ZTk2ZTk0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,45,480,270_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

I’m neither of those guys, but I was just behind them to their right about twenty minutes ago 

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This is funny. 

Thanks for living up to your screen name...?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Thanks for living up to your screen name...?

No worries, it comes natural to me! 

One thing we can agree on is that we’re optomistic regarding the position. One thing we vastly disagree on is that these potential players are studs. I mean, show some confidence in this prediction and narrow it down. If you feel strongly about it, which TE is going to be a stud, in your opinion. 

To me, Ed Oliver is going to be a stud. To put any TE on this roster in the same class is ridiculous. You're entitled to your thoughts and opinions, and no hard feelings over a disagreement. I just don't understand the confidence you have 

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Having Sweeney and Knox makes the Duke Williams vs McKenzie/McCloud decision easier, IMO.  We do have big guys other than Duke who can make contested catches in the red zone.

I dont think one has much to with the other.  I think the receiver question will be about deep speed and special teams.  That's where Duke may have a disadvantage.  

You cant have too many receivers who can make contested catches in the red zone. 

20 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I dont think one has much to with the other.  I think the receiver question will be about deep speed and special teams.  That's where Duke may have a disadvantage.  

You cant have too many receivers who can make contested catches in the red zone. 

Duke just doesn’t seem to fit in with what they’re doing on offense.  If the idea is to keep Duke on the roster to be that red zone “go up and get it” guy, I think we have other players that can fit that need.

Duke fits into the WR room like a turd in a punch bowl.  He seems to have good hands, but ultimately he’s slow, not a great route runner, and isn’t great at creating separation.

JMO

I think they keep McKenzie over DJ and Ray Ray.

37 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

No worries, it comes natural to me! 

One thing we can agree on is that we’re optomistic regarding the position. One thing we vastly disagree on is that these potential players are studs. I mean, show some confidence in this prediction and narrow it down. If you feel strongly about it, which TE is going to be a stud, in your opinion. 

To me, Ed Oliver is going to be a stud. To put any TE on this roster in the same class is ridiculous. You're entitled to your thoughts and opinions, and no hard feelings over a disagreement. I just don't understand the confidence you have 

So, in other words.   Let’s get excited, but not too excited, eh?

I already had Knox and Sweeney going to the HOF.  Bummer ?

1 hour ago, Beef on Weck said:

He certainly looked very fluid and natural. This team has a LOT of guys I want to see more of. Much more than previous years....and that’s a very good thing! 

• Like (+1) 2