Former NFL RB Cedric Benson dies in motorcycle crash.

I wonder if he was an experienced rider? He was on one of the faster production motorcycles in the world. I've ridden sport bikes for the better part of 30 years and have always come across enthusiasts that want to sprint before they can crawl due to ego or stubborness. Not at all saying he's to blame but those bikes can get away from you pretty quick without the right skill set. RIP Cedric and to all my riding Brotherhood, keep the shiny side up.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I wonder if he was an experienced rider? He was on one of the faster production motorcycles in the world. I've ridden sport bikes for the better part of 30 years and have always come across enthusiasts that want to sprint before they can crawl due to ego or stubborness. Not at all saying he's to blame but those bikes can get away from you pretty quick without the right skill set. RIP Cedric and to all my riding Brotherhood, keep the shiny side up.

Found more details.

Looks like a young lady with him died too. Police think he was going too fast and could not stop in time when a mini van pulled out in front of him - sad as they probably just did not see him coming. No hit and run scenario, they stuck around and waited for police and such.

Sad.

I gave up riding my motorcycle this summer. Way too many times where people pull out in front of me without even looking. About a month ago I was in my car and a women pulled ride out in front of me without even bothering to look, I had to slam on breaks. She was pulling out backwards really fast to the opposite lane and tuned in other lane to go in opposite direction. I just sat there looking at her shaking my head and she was like, oh sorry. 

Too dangerous 

RIP Cedric 

• Like (+1) 1