Sean McDermott took the Bills out for ice cream

Image result for eating ice cream gif

By: Nick Wojton | 48 minutes ago

The Bills played the Carolina Panthers on Friday in their second preseason game but the most fun the team had wasn’t at Bank of America Stadium during the 27-14 win.

It came while the Bills were on their way from Wofford College to Charlottle.

Speaking to reporters following the game, Buffalo head coach Sean McDermott revealed the team did some team bonding over some scoops of ice cream and milkshakes.

“We did some neat things, we stopped for ice cream on the way up on the buses yesterday,” McDermott said. “Those guys loved it, they appreciated it. It was good to see them hang out together and that’s part of the way you build a team.”

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/18/sean-mcdermott-took-buffalo-bills-out-for-ice-cream/

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I am 42 years old and I still love it when someone takes me out for ice cream.

Some would be surprised at how meaningful the little things are when someone in a leadership role does not have to but tries to make work more "fun", even when guys are pulling down NFL salaries. Can make the slight difference between a place where a player just puts in their time, to a place a player enjoys putting in their time.

For a team it is meaningful, and it is not going to be easy for this staff to cut down this roster. They intentionally brought in guys who they felt would create competition and many of the players on the bubble have worked their tails off to do just that.

On a more positive side, most who have shown enough will be PS bound, some will be nabbed by other teams thin at the position, and for the others that have shown some juice during camps and preseason, Beane has demonstrated that he keeps those guys on some kind of speed dial if a position opens up and they are free.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Some would be surprised at how meaningful the little things are when someone in a leadership role does not have to but tries to make work more "fun", even when guys are pulling down NFL salaries. Can make the slight difference between a place where a player just puts in their time, to a place a player enjoys putting in their time.

For a team it is meaningful, and it is not going to be easy for this staff to cut down this roster. They intentionally brought in guys who they felt would create competition and many of the players on the bubble have worked their tails off to do just that.

On a more positive side, most who have shown enough will be PS bound, some will be nabbed by other teams thin at the position, and for the others that have shown some juice during camps and preseason, Beane has demonstrated that he keeps those guys on some kind of speed dial if a position opens up and they are free.

McBeanes seem sincere .

I am still adjusting.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Reminds me of the time Mike Mularkey led a team walk to a burger joint in Seattle amidst a tough 3-game road trip.  It supposedly brought the team together and they upset a very good Seahawks team.  

And then they let Pittsburgh’s 3rd string teams destroy them.  

Hey man, during those drought years a 9-7 record looks pretty good to me.

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Image result for eating ice cream gif

By: Nick Wojton | 48 minutes ago

The Bills played the Carolina Panthers on Friday in their second preseason game but the most fun the team had wasn’t at Bank of America Stadium during the 27-14 win.

It came while the Bills were on their way from Wofford College to Charlottle.

Speaking to reporters following the game, Buffalo head coach Sean McDermott revealed the team did some team bonding over some scoops of ice cream and milkshakes.

“We did some neat things, we stopped for ice cream on the way up on the buses yesterday,” McDermott said. “Those guys loved it, they appreciated it. It was good to see them hang out together and that’s part of the way you build a team.”

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/18/sean-mcdermott-took-buffalo-bills-out-for-ice-cream/

Ice Cream is the new Cheeseburgers

• Haha (+1) 1