Roberts 

so comes down to size or shiftiness 

Williams - Size

McCloud - Shiftiness 

Also could very well keep and Extra WR to start season depending on Kroft

Kroft - PUP

Knox

Sweeney

so do you cut Lee Smith for an extra WR spot? 

McKenzie has to be ahead of Ray Ray right now.  He’s pulled away the last 2 weeks IMO

• Like (+1) 1

The thing is,  no-one feels confident that Jones will catch what’s thrown to him, even his die hard fans don’t feel super confident. My feeling on this is that he is scared of the hit that’s inevitably coming in close quarters and this effects his catch in the clutch moments.  Saw eight drops in the five minutes of drops video, might have been more. That was only the games with JA at Qb.

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

1 hour ago, FlaFitz1 said:

Jones was targeted 102 times last season and had 2 drops

Foster was targeted 44 times and had 2 drops

Beasley was targeted 87 times by Dallas last year and had 2 drops

Brown was targeted 97 times in Baltimore and dropped 6

McKenzie saw 30 targets with 1 drop

Roberts targeted 18 times dropped 1

Wrong.  Zay has way more drops and here is video evidence.  This is just the 10 games with Allen and doesn’t even include the 4 games with NP and DA. Zay is on this reel more than any other WR at 8 or 9 times.

The “dropped ball” stat that is tracked is highly inaccurate every year. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wrong.  Zay has way more drops and here is video evidence.  This is just the 10 games with Allen and doesn’t even include the 4 games with NP and DA. Zay is on this reel more than any other WR at 8 or 9 times.

The “dropped ball” stat that is tracked is highly inaccurate every year. 

Thank you for this. The throw at 47 seconds of this video is exactly why I'd rather have Duke Williams on this team. Zay disappoints far too often with his hands, and he is afraid of contact 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Am I crazy for wanting Duke on the team over Zay? Duke looks like he has way better hands for contested catches over the middle. 

How about Duke over Foster? I don't get the blind Foster love on here, especially when coupled with blind Zay Jones hate. Why is Foster so safe if Zay is presumably on the bubble?

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think it's a crazy idea to keep 7 WR. This would include both Williams and McKenzie. Williams, I think, may be the only WR on the roster with the ball skills to high point contested catches. 

What other spot spot would you "short "?

i think either TE or LB. because Bills base offense is 11 personnel, and their base defense is a 4-2-5. I'm using base here to signify most common alignment. 

3 minutes ago, Nelius said:

How about Duke over Foster? I don't get the blind Foster love on here, especially when coupled with blind Zay Jones hate. Why is Foster so safe if Zay is presumably on the bubble?

Foster at least contributes speed to the offense. Defenses have to worry about him over the top. I mean I'm disappointed with him this offseason but he still puts stress on the opposition. Zay is just a guy. He doesn't provide anything special. If we're picking between 2 receivers with hand problems I'll take the speedy guy.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I don't think it's a crazy idea to keep 7 WR. This would include both Williams and McKenzie. Williams, I think, may be the only WR on the roster with the ball skills to high point contested catches. 

i think either TE or LB. because Bills base offense is 11 personnel, and their base defense is a 4-2-5. I'm using base here to signify most common alignment. 

You might be able to short TE keep 3 with Sweeny, Knox, Smith with kroft on PUP coming back to make it 4 then make a decision at WR or other position then 

Edited by Mrbojanglezs

7 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Only dressing 46 on game day.  There is a good chance only 5 WR dress.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Well first of all, he plays all four special teams units. A player that plays all four special teams units is more valuable than a back-end receiver who doesn't really contribute on special teams. So even if special teams were ALL that Dimarco did, he would be worth keeping over a non-ST contributing depth receiver.

But it's NOT all he does. He plays about 20-30% of the offensive snaps. Daboll's offensive playbook is extremely similar to New England's. It features a fullback. In the NFL, your offensive system either features a fullback or it doesn't. Daboll's does. You could employ a back-end-of-the-roster TE as a fullback, but he probably wouldn't be any good at it.

Unless and until the Bills change offensive coordinators and offensive playbooks, you can count on them continuing to employ and use a traditional fullback.

Thanks. I didn't understand the case for Dimarco.  This explains it and answers the question. He is in. 

Edited by Shaw66

4 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm not really sure why the Bills would want to trade away their leader in touchdown receptions from last year for a late round pick. Seems like bad business.

Welcome to roster management when you have depth.  When you have more options than you have slots, you look at potential and trade value.  You certainly dont look at history.

It's unlikely Jones will ever lead this team in TDs again.  He has trade value.  Williams has more potential.  In that situation, even though Jonea may be in the top 6 in terms of current performance, a year from now the Bills may be better off having gotten a po k for him now and having let someone else grow into something.  

If Jones isnt in the top 3 receivers, his best use may be as trade bait. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Foster at least contributes speed to the offense. Defenses have to worry about him over the top. I mean I'm disappointed with him this offseason but he still puts stress on the opposition. Zay is just a guy. He doesn't provide anything special. If we're picking between 2 receivers with hand problems I'll take the speedy guy.

We have speed in spades with Brown McKenzie Beasley Roberts ..What we need is tall WR who can go up and make the circus catch with a sick arm radius.. If Duke can make catches like he did in Carolina sign me up

48 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Foster is NOT getting cut.

Be serious, people.

I raised the question because it seems to me that Brown, Beasley and Roberts are the only locks.  I can imagine scenarios where any of the others is cut/traded.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Shaw66 said:

I raised the question because it seems to me that Brown, Beasley and Roberts are the only locks.  I can imagine scenarios where any of the others is cut/traded.  

I wasn't referring to you, actually.  I'm a big fan of your posts.  I should have quoted others.  My bad.  That being said, I think Foster is an absolute lock.  For an UDFA to have contributed as much as he did last year, and then to all of a sudden just throw him to the curb... doesn't make sense to me.

I think a lot of folks here consider it a given that there will be six WRs. I don't believe this is the case. Beane had mentioned on more than one occasion the possibility of only carrying five. I also think that we could carry four TEs, and four RBs, which would make a five WR scenario almost certain. And, at that point, I think the competition if far less settled. Brown, Beasley, Roberts, Jones, Foster would be the conventional wisdom, but I could certainly see Jones, or Foster losing out to some of the other guys fighting for a spot.

5 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Does he have an injury or veteran rest day?

I'm just curious about Brown. Not having access to the practices, I haven't really seen him contribute and don't know what kind of connection him and Allen will have.

No injury, just didn't dress.  If you've noticed this weekend, a lot of "no doubt" starters have been rested by teams.  Brown is clearly the #1 receiver for the Bills, based upon his performance in practice and via every media member who has commented on the subject.  He and Allen have had lots of work together in camp.