Who now goes into your preseason bubble wrap?

Josh Allen!!!
LeSean McCoy
Frank Gore
Devin Singletary
John Brown
Cole Beasley
Mitch Morse (might not play in preseason as it is, but still)
Jerry Hughes 
Ed Oliver
Star Lotulelei
Tremaine Edmunds
Matt Milano
Tre'Davious White
Levi Wallace
Micah Hyde
Jordan Poyer

So yeah, I don't see much value in trotting any of the above listed guys out for the third preseason game. I just don't.

Bubble wrap them all and we'll see 'em week one against the Jets.

I'm not alone in this. Sean McVay and Matt Nagy have been resting just about their entire starting 22 the past couple preseasons, as well.

My opinion means spit but what I think McDermott's is planning is to have the starters and some top depth play the 1st half of game 3 and

then shut down until the season opener.

2nd string and bubble guys play into the 4th.

Of course game 4 is for the leftovers.

Edit:  IF the Bills are dominating the game they may pull the starter a little earlier.

Edited by ColoradoBills

All the starters... seriously. Anybody who is cemented as a starter, screw the rest of the preseason. Clearly they are practicing well, they have looked more ready/prepared and in sync than both the Colts and Panthers. Put these guys on the pine for the next two, let some guys in position battles continue to play. Replace Jackson with a QB that perhaps Daboll is familiar with so they can actually evaluate some WRs down the depth chart, and just get ready for New Jersey.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Unfortunately, it can't be the OL.

I know.  I know.

Darn it, I wish it wasn’t the case but I know.

It’s just that we are so almost there with are offense, but we can’t risk anybody else.

22 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Havent they always gone whole first half plus a drive in game 3. Perhaps I am mistaken.

I swear to you, I remember Joe Ferguson playing deep into the 4th quarter, maybe until the end, in a game I believe against San Diego.  I think we one 28-27 on maybe the final,regular play of the game on a goal line dive.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

This won't happen but I would sit the entire first string offense and defense. There is not a single starter that is in doubt now. Maybe Murphy vs. Lawson but who cares. They will rotate and play about the same number of snaps per game.

If they are going to play some starters, I would sit Allen, Dawkins, McCoy, Gore, Morse, Hyde, White, Poyer, Edmunds, and Hughes. The rest of the starters can get a few drives and then start watching tape on the Jets.

9 hours ago, Logic said:

Josh Allen!!!
LeSean McCoy
Frank Gore
Devin Singletary
John Brown
Cole Beasley
Mitch Morse (might not play in preseason as it is, but still)
Jerry Hughes 
Ed Oliver
Star Lotulelei
Tremaine Edmunds
Matt Milano
Tre'Davious White
Levi Wallace
Micah Hyde
Jordan Poyer

So yeah, I don't see much value in trotting any of the above listed guys out for the third preseason game. I just don't.

Bubble wrap them all and we'll see 'em week one against the Jets.

I'm not alone in this. Sean McVay and Matt Nagy have been resting just about their entire starting 22 the past couple preseasons, as well.

Oliver is a rookie and needs the reps to get up to NFL speed.

Edited by from_dunkirk

I vote that we start any volunteers from the concession staff. Four preseason games is just TOO much. I want the OL to gel, but I can’t bear another injury in a game that doesn’t count. No need risking a freaky injury when it doesn’t’t count. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Honestly, anyone who I know for certain has made the ball club.  I'll take the last 2 games to decide on my bubble players.  Take full advantage of a 90 man roster and use up that cannon fodder.

Image result for use up the irish the dead cost nothing

Sit:

Allen, Barkley, McCoy, Gore, Singletary, DiMarco, Brown, Beasley, Roberts, Knox, Sweeney, Feliciano, Ford, Dawkins, Nsekhe, Morse, Hughes, Oliver, Phillips, Phillips, Loutuelei (sp), Edmunds, Milano, Lorax, Wallace, Poyer, Hyde, Johnson, Johnson, White. 

Exempt:

Kroft (PUP)

Did I miss anyone?

That leaves Jackson at QB (and if it were me another camp arm) - keeping 0

Murphy, Yeldon, Perry, Wade at RB - keeping 1, maybe 2

0 FB

Bolden, Easley, Foster, Jones, McCloud, McKenzie, Phillips, Sills, Williams at WR - keeping 3, possibly 4

Carter, Croom, Smith, Towbridge at TE - keeping 1, maybe 2 if Kroft stays on PUP

Bates, Bodine, Long and Rhaney at C - keeping either Long or Bates

Bates, Boettger, McGhin (hurt), Spain, Teller, Long at G  (I'm not sold on Spain at all) - keeping 2, maybe 3

Bates, Jones, McDermott, Wesley at T - keeping 1

Acho, Murphy, Lawson, Love, Johnson, Murphy, Yarbrough at DE - keeping 3

Peko, Walton, Young - keeping 0

M. Alexander, Dodson, Joseph, Lacey, Stanford, Thompson - keeping 3?

Lewis, Lewis, Munnerlyn, Pitts, Rice - keeping 1 or 2

Coleman, Marlowe, Johnson, Neal, Wallace keeping 2

Hauschka, McLaughlin both at K - if Slye comes free on cut day I want him.  I want him to the degree that I might trade Carolina a little something for him just to keep him away from Chicago. Keeping 1 

Boroquez and Carter though I want this dealt with soon - keeping 1

Ferguson snapping - keeping 1

I think that works out to around 53 on the final roster depending on how many of each position they take.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

I vote that we start any volunteers from the concession staff. Four preseason games is just TOO much. I want the OL to gel, but I can’t bear another injury in a game that doesn’t count. No need risking a freaky injury when it doesn’t’t count. 

Thats a little extreme, but there’s some beef in the security detachment. This was just being discussed on NFLRadio, the Bygone Era/Days of Yore of starters going a full half in PS Game 3. It’s League wide now not to expose key players to injury in meaningless games. $$ counters have to be concerned when teams publicly say ‘we ain’t playin’.

I expect a significant change in scheduling next year. 18 game regular season, 2 PS. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thats a little extreme, but there’s some beef in the security detachment. This was just being discussed on NFLRadio, the Bygone Era/Days of Yore of starters going a full half in PS Game 3. It’s League wide now not to expose key players to injury in meaningless games. $$ counters have to be concerned when teams publicly say ‘we ain’t playin’.

I expect a significant change in scheduling next year. 18 game regular season, 2 PS. 

I suspect it’s too late for next year, but a change must be coming. This just doesn’t make sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

$$ counters have to be concerned when teams publicly say ‘we ain’t playin’.

Why?  NBA players do that in the REGULAR season.  NBA teams do that in a coordinated fashion in the regular season.  Schmucks still pay to see the games and if you have seasons whaddya gonna do about it? Nothing, and they know it.