Who now goes into your preseason bubble wrap?

Good-bye Mr. Beasley, and thank you.

Please just stand still as we wrap you up.  Enjoy your nap, and hey buddy we’ll see you again against the Jets!

I am paranoid about this stuff with this team.  Seriously, I absolutely don’t have to see that guy again until it’s real.

what about you guys? 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No one, as long as they play smart. I want to see all the starters as a unit playing together into the second half next Friday. That being said, I don’t need JA sliding for a first downs trying to be a hero in a meaningless game. However, I do think it’s important for them to go through another dress rehearsal, practicing making in-game adjustments and developing as a more cohesive unit. 

I get the injury debate, I really do. But it could happen anywhere, anytime. Teddy Bridgewater exploded his knee during a practice. Many others have gone down in training, not even in a football setting.

There is always a risk of injury, more so during live action than anywhere else. But it’s a risk I think is worth taking, otherwise you wouldn’t see the widely used 3rd preseason games across the NFL

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

No one, as long as they play smart. I want to see all the starters as a unit playing together into the second half next Friday. That being said, I don’t need JA sliding for a first downs trying to be a hero in a meaningless game. However, I do think it’s important for them to go through another dress rehearsal, practicing making in-game adjustments and developing as a more cohesive unit. 

I get the injury debate, I really do. But it could happen anywhere, anytime. Teddy Bridgewater exploded his knee during a practice. Many others have gone down in training, but in game. 

There is always a risk of injury, probably more so during live action than anywhere else. But it’s a risk I think is worth taking, otherwise you wouldn’t see the widely used 3rd preseason games across the NFL

And now I get your screen name. LOL. Makes sense though! I can see your points.

3 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

McCoy and Gore. Let Singletary, Yeldon, Perry, and Wade get the looks from here on out. 

BTW, I think Yeldon makes the team.

Normally game 3 is the starters for the first half plus a drive. I have a feeling Gore and McCoy get a drive or less. 

Edited by fansince88
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I wish they'd just let everyone play the what-used-to-be traditional amounts (quarter game one, quarter game two, quarter and a series game three, series game four).

I think some organizations go too far with holding players out. I mean, is Jared Goff too good for preseason?

Havent they always gone whole first half plus a drive in game 3. Perhaps I am mistaken.

Btw, another one to throw out: Feliciano (sorry, spelling).

you think I’m kidding?

what happens if Morris doesn’t come back and Feliciano goes down? ?

additionally, I want the Bills to buck the trend.  I don’t see any need for the starters to play in the second half against Detroit. 

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

Havent they always gone whole first half plus a drive in game 3. Perhaps I am mistaken.

The Bills usually do. But last year particularly, some teams are holding healthy guys out of the entire preseason. So the game 3 thing isn't what it used to be.

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

The Bills usually do. But last year particularly, some teams are holding healthy guys out of the entire preseason. So the game 3 thing isn't what it used to be.

Ok. I dont usually pay attention beyond the division. 

8 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I get that, but both guys are more than proven and don't need the PT. If they play, I personally would prefer only a couple snaps each.

I think you are agreeing with me agreeing with you.....I think.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

For me it comes to Duke Williams vs Isiah McKenzie as the bubble WR. 

When I look at 25 players on offense for the roster, I see:

2 QB  (Allen, Barkley)                                      

4 RB  (McCoy, Gore, Singletary, Perry)           

1  FB  (DiMarco)                                                

5  WR (Jones, Beasley, Brown, Foster, Roberts)           

3 TE  (Lee, Dawson, Sweeney)       

5 OL (Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Ford, Ty Nscke)

I assume Tyler Kroft will start on PUP or go on IR for coming back later. 

That is 20 players covered and I believe are safe unless we trade McCoy or one of Jones or Foster.   Now we have to break up the 5 remaining spots as

3 OL, 1 WR, 1 RB

3 OL,  2 WR

3 OL, 1 WR,  1 TE

or

4 OL, 1 WR

The extra WR currently seems to be McKenzie's to lose based on his play in the pre-season.  He also can do Punt return

The only way I see Duke Williams getting in is if the Bills go with the 3 OL and 2 WR option. 

The 3 backup OL appears to be Feluciano, Wesley and Teller. 

Robert and Perry make the team on Special Teams. 

The curious situation is going to be that even if the above make the roster,  most likely McKenzie, Williams and even  Singletary may not make it to list of 44 players who are active on game day. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

McCoy and Gore. Let Singletary, Yeldon, Perry, and Wade get the looks from here on out. 

BTW, I think Yeldon makes the team.

I think Yeldon gets traded as lots of teams need a vet RB right now

Shady,Gore and the Rookie make the team.

Murphy and Wade to the PS

Bubble wrap Gore Shady Brown Beasley Hyde,Hughes and White

17 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Bubble wrap....not players on the bubble.

For me it would be nobody. I want to seem them play at least a whole first half together. Thats offense and defense. Beasley is one of the most durable players on the roster and the last I would bubble wrap. I want him and Josh to keep building that chemistry to perfection.

Be smart? Yes. Dont play your guys a whole game but I also dont like the idea of being fearful of injuries. If anything you dont play them to get a look at your bubble players and allow the starters to remain fresh.

Play them all on offense. They don’t need to play every snap in the first half though. In fact I’d like to see some WR and RB substitutions and rotations on the first team... Can McCoy and Gore feed off each other? Can McKenzie sub in for Beasley? That type of thing. I’m looking forward to this final dress rehearsal. The offense as a whole, and O line in particular, probably need it. 

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

When I look at 25 players on offense for the roster, I see:

2 QB  (Allen, Barkley)                                      

4 RB  (McCoy, Gore, Singletary, Perry)           

1  FB  (DiMarco)                                                

5  WR (Jones, Beasley, Brown, Foster, Roberts)           

3 TE  (Lee, Dawson, Sweeney)       

5 OL (Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Ford, Ty Nscke)

I assume Tyler Kroft will start on PUP or go on IR for coming back later. 

That is 20 players covered and I believe are safe unless we trade McCoy or one of Jones or Foster.   Now we have to break up the 5 remaining spots as

3 OL, 1 WR, 1 RB

3 OL,  2 WR

3 OL, 1 WR,  1 TE

or

4 OL, 1 WR

The extra WR currently seems to be McKenzie's to lose based on his play in the pre-season.  He also can do Punt return

The only way I see Duke Williams getting in is if the Bills go with the 3 OL and 2 WR option. 

The 3 backup OL appears to be Feluciano, Wesley and Teller. 

Robert and Perry make the team on Special Teams. 

The curious situation is going to be that even if the above make the roster,  most likely McKenzie, Williams and even  Singletary may not make it to list of 44 players who are active on game day. 

Ganesh, this is simply an outstanding post.  Better than my original post.

However, I was referring to bubble wrap, as in players you want to keep safe, not players on the bubble.

i should have just used the word wrap or packing peanuts!

Go Bills!

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

giphy.gif

When you are able to appropriately reference The Professional, especially this scene...your work for the day is done, my friend.  Kick up your feet and enjoy the rest of the afternoon. 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1