D&C's Maiorana: Top 100 Players In Bills History

...interesting read......any rankings way off or anyone missed?.......

Buffalo Bills: Who are the Top 100 players in franchise history?

Sal Maiorana, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle Published 6:01 a.m. ET Aug. 18, 2019

The Buffalo Bills played their first game in 1960 and Sal Maiorana began covering the team as a full-time beat writer for the Democrat and Chronicle in 1990.

As the NFL kicks off its 100th season and the Bills begin their 60th, here are Sal's rankings of the Bills' Top 100 all-time players:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/08/18/buffalo-bills-nfl-top-100-players-team-history-bruce-smith-jim-kelly-oj-simpson-thurman-thomas/1515173001/
Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Interesting set of rankings. Nothing too surprising, although I think I would've ranked Flutie a little higher given his leadership of the team during playoff years. Interesting that they mentioned Jack Kemp's political career. Not sure if they counted that in his ranking, but if so they should also be counting extracurriculars of some of the other players. 

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Seems fairly reasonable.  I would have liked to see Bobby Chandler and Ahmad Rashad on there.  Frank Lewis and Don Beebe too.  But these lists are tough to do. This guy caught fergys sidelines passes better than anyone

Will grant please.

Edited by Helpmenow
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Seems fairly reasonable.  I would have liked to see Bobby Chandler and Ahmad Rashad on there.  Frank Lewis and Don Beebe too.  But these lists are tough to do.

I want Mailon Kent on there somewhere ha ha! You are probably the only one who knows the name!

3 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

No chandler that is a friggin joke. This guy caught fergys sidelines passes better than anyone

Will grant please.

frank Lewis is another. Wtf

Good post - I agree!

For a guy who was there since the rockpile days. 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

There you go.  Some great names there.

I might have had Tippy Day on my list too.

Tippy got traded to the chargers.

32 minutes ago, TDTT said:

Interesting set of rankings. Nothing too surprising, although I think I would've ranked Flutie a little higher given his leadership of the team during playoff years. Interesting that they mentioned Jack Kemp's political career. Not sure if they counted that in his ranking, but if so they should also be counting extracurriculars of some of the other players. 

You don't get extra points for having a cereal. Flutie is lucky to have made the top 100... Just shows the lack of talent the Bills have had to fill out that 100 list.

• Like (+1) 1