Alexander Mogilny , TV special - defector

The NHL network must have had a Sabre theme on Friday. I watched Dave Hannan’s 4OT goabtwo different times that day. I’ve got this Mogilny special on the DVR too. I’ve seen parts of it in the past,  it never the whole thing. 

6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Thanks for sharing that.  I've never seen it before.

Mogilny/Lafontaine is probably my favorite era of the Sabres.  They had magic.

They were fun to watch. Most my friends at the time were Penguin fans, and i bet a guy $200 LaFontaine would win the scoring title...and it was awful but Mario announced he had cancer in January, I was already counting my money, and then this

Lemieux finished the season with 30 goals and 26 assists in 20 games -- a 229-point projection over the course of a full season -- to pass LaFontaine and capture the Art Ross Trophy by 12 points.

https://www.nhl.com/news/part-3-amazing-pace-gives-lemieux-scoring-title/c-658118

1 hour ago, shrader said:

The NHL network must have had a Sabre theme on Friday. I watched Dave Hannan’s 4OT goabtwo different times that day. I’ve got this Mogilny special on the DVR too. I’ve seen parts of it in the past,  it never the whole thing. 

yep lots o stuff autorecored for me too..man SD hockey sucked!

7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Thanks for sharing that.  I've never seen it before.

Mogilny/Lafontaine is probably my favorite era of the Sabres.  They had magic.

That era has a special place in my heart because I was introduced to the Sabres and the NHL through the EA Sports video game, NHL '94. It's crazy to think that the 92-93 Sabres roster had 4 Hall of Famers on it (LaFontaine, Hawerchuk, Hasek, Andreychuk/Fuhr) and probably 5 WHEN Mogilny gets elected.

Yes, I've seen that show and it was interesting to watch, especially since I (along with many others) lived through those events at the time, but didn't really know what was going on.  We just new what was mentioned in the media.

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

They were fun to watch. Most my friends at the time were Penguin fans, and i bet a guy $200 LaFontaine would win the scoring title...and it was awful but Mario announced he had cancer in January, I was already counting my money, and then this

https://www.nhl.com/news/part-3-amazing-pace-gives-lemieux-scoring-title/c-658118

Mario is the most talented player I've ever seen.  I was thrilled to see him come back and play the way he did.  I was also bummed that Pat didn't win the scoring title.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Mine doesn't auto-record any of this stuff, but every so often I'll see something like "NJ Devils recap" on my list.  Sometimes I hate my DVR.

41 minutes ago, shrader said:

Mine doesn't auto-record any of this stuff, but every so often I'll see something like "NJ Devils recap" on my list.  Sometimes I hate my DVR.

Problem I have is i have keyword search Sabres and Bills...records the One Bills live show everyday? And i have to delete it once a day!!!!