Is Tyree Jackson Practice Squad worthy?

Will Tyree Jackson make the Practice Squad?   

159 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tyree Jackson make the Practice Squad?

• No - He'll be cut completely
    • No - He'll be on the 53
    • Yes - He'll make the Practice Squad

I'm a big UB fan but TJ6 is not making a case for himself. Would not shocked be if he's cut and not added to Bills PS. (But he'll end up on someone's PS just because. Patriots maybe?)

Edited by PromoTheRobot

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

If the Pats' 3rd stringer, Stidham, somehow doesn't make the 53, the Bills should steal him. He's looked poised this preseason and he fits the system. Pretty sure he'll make their team, though.

One of those guys on Carolina threw accurate balls as well.  I would consider signing him if the opportunity arose.

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

He should have never of left college. Also you don't need a QB for practice squad.

Agreed, staying was better for him.  He had inflated ideas of his capability.  Needed counseling he didn't get.  Or, would not listen more likely in such a young man.  I disagree that you don't need a practice squad QB.  If you loose one, you need a backup that knows the playbook.  I don't want to see any more games QBed by a guy who signed 11 days ago  (yes, that is what Barkley did)  Your third guy needs to be here, not on the street somewhere else.  Raiding another PS doesn't work very well, as the other team often signs them to the 53 to prevent them from leaving their team.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If there was ever a football player that should have stayed for his senior year it was Tyree Jackson, he got some real real bad advice.

I think his dad was a big part of that decision. Dad was not a fan of UB coaching staff. I think Tyree was eligible to transfer without sitting a year. Surprised he didn't try to join a P5 program.

8 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

So far, it looks like Tyree Jackson is only standing out in a bad way. Whilst it's a great local story I struggle to see them putting him on the PS, with multiple WRs and O line who seem to actually have a better chance of moving from the PS I just wonder if they let him go. 

He is a PS player who coukd be turned to a TE who can do some web pkays.

23 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

One of those guys on Carolina threw accurate balls as well.  I would consider signing him if the opportunity arose.

Agreed, staying was better for him.  He had inflated ideas of his capability.  Needed counseling he didn't get.  Or, would not listen more likely in such a young man.  I disagree that you don't need a practice squad QB.  If you loose one, you need a backup that knows the playbook.  I don't want to see any more games QBed by a guy who signed 11 days ago  (yes, that is what Barkley did)  Your third guy needs to be here, not on the street somewhere else.  Raiding another PS doesn't work very well, as the other team often signs them to the 53 to prevent them from leaving their team.

You proved yourself wrong in the post so I will just quote it. 

If you're going to the thrift guy you are screwed no matter what.

Edited by Boca BIlls

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think he is PS worthy, but I do not think he would be who they bring up if another QB is needed.

He really needs reps and study to become a better QB, but he is just not getting that now.  

We we will see how it goes - not sure if someone else shakes free that they had their eye on - if they keep him, but most QBs that are cut would prefer to PS on the team that cut them rather than have to learn a new system and I do not see the Bills using a 53 roster spot for a 3rd QB.

....who has the greater PS upside, Wade or Tyree?...............

No, he's not an NFL caliber QB on any level.

We picked up Barkley off the scrap heap and he's 10X the QB Jackson is. That alone should tell you something. If at any time we need our 3rd string QB to bail us out during the season then the season is in essence over. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....who has the greater PS upside, Wade or Tyree?...............

both are long shots. Negligible upside. Wade has shown a couple great plays, but not sure those translate into the regular season in real game situations with starters and such.

As stated there will be much better QB options after all the NFL final cuts are made. Jackson should call Logan Thomas as see what is involved with switching to TE. I'd keep him as a TE on the PS if he wanted to switch. He is athletically gifted.   

Just now, klos63 said:

both are long shots. Negligible upside. Wade has shown a couple great plays, but not sure those translate into the regular season in real game situations with starters and such.

...spot on call IMO..:thumbsup:......didn't Greenspan call it "irrational exuberance"?.......but then again, it is pretty exciting to watch a foreign rugby kid light it up.....the Wade kid is singular I think from the Rugby world......but look at the influx of PK'ers from the elite soccer world who made a helluva living in the NFL......

Jackson's play on the field certainly has not earned him a spot on the practice squad, but I'm not at all certain what Buffalo will do.  From all accounts he's bright, a hard worker with a great attitude, to go with outstanding athleticism, arm strength and size.  All those positive attributes could outweigh his performance on the field, which I don't think means a great deal to the Bills' decision makers at this point.  It may boil down to who else becomes available to sign to the practice squad.

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

So you want to “steal” the Pats 3rd stringer - are you putting him on the 53 and cutting another good player for a 3rd string QB. 

If not why would Stidham choose the Bills PS over the Pats?

Yeah, he'd definitely go on the 53 as the third stringer. Because I hate the Pats.

He was just so, so bad yesterday.

He did exactly what he shouldn't have for a player with his traits. Considering he has had all of camp to at least get some training, he looked like he had learned nothing. And though I know next to nothing of his time in college - watched a highlights vid and that is it - I can't imagine he looked as bad as he did in the game.

The badly timed, ill thought out wobbly duck interception was dire enough, but his attempt at a touch pass was so off target it left little room for us to have hope on his part -  and that's ignoring that dobbler to Wade that would have giving him a second TD in two games.

Physical talents are pointless if you can't use them. I don't know enough about him to really accuse him of not being that smart, but he just didn't look any use at all and what had he learned?

And yes, I worry for the backup wideouts. I was looking forward to see if Sills V could play, but the evidence is far to scarce at the moment.

Maybe he'll come good against Detroit. I doubt it, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Simstim

2 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Why? We already have enough TEs. 

Because he's a mountain of a man and has great athletic abilities, we have TEs, but none that put the fear in to anyone. If he can turn into an Antonio Gates, I am sure we could find a place for him over the guys we have right now.  Knox is the only one who is close to the athlete he is, I'd take a shot.