Is Tyree Jackson Practice Squad worthy?

Will Tyree Jackson make the Practice Squad?   

159 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tyree Jackson make the Practice Squad?

• No - He'll be cut completely
    • No - He'll be on the 53
    • Yes - He'll make the Practice Squad

30 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You don't but it would be nice having a quarterback who knew the playbook in case Allen goes down and Barkley needs a backup.  Last year we had to scramble for Anderson and Barkley.  Those type of QB's may not be available this year.

Meh...he sucks so bad that I’d probably trust a vet off the streets who didn’t know the offense more than Tyree.

Edited by Bangarang

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

maybe

Why keep him, he would just sit on the bench.

Lots of teams traded their backups for big picks, we should too.

Who is going trade ANY picks or "assets" for an undrafted rookie who you don't even think belongs as the Bills 3rd string QB?

7 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Don't believe that's true initially.  After every team make the cuts to 53, at that point every player in the league is eligible to sign to anyone's practice squad that teams and players wish.  Once you sign a contract to go onto said teams practice squad, then if another team signs a player off PS, they must put him on the 53. 

That's why teams somewhat take their time assigning players as they first want to comb thru other teams trash.

Yes, I think you are correct, thanks for the clarification.

5 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Meh...he sucks so bad that I’d probably trust a vet off the streets who didn’t know the offense more than Tyree.

They should keep him on practice squad simply to convert him to Tight End. Could be Hall of Fame caliber at that position.

I think he makes the practice squad, he has the tools to succeed. He played in one of the weakest confrences in college football so of course he is probably shell shocked right now but he has the size, the arm strength, now he needs the game to slow down for him. I don't see why we wouldn't let him develop a year or 2 on the PS.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

On 8/18/2019 at 8:35 AM, Rochesterfan said:

I think he is PS worthy, but I do not think he would be who they bring up if another QB is needed.

He really needs reps and study to become a better QB, but he is just not getting that now.  

We we will see how it goes - not sure if someone else shakes free that they had their eye on - if they keep him, but most QBs that are cut would prefer to PS on the team that cut them rather than have to learn a new system and I do not see the Bills using a 53 roster spot for a 3rd QB.

I'm gonna need a lot more of this. 

image.jpeg.e9f1965ab90c8533237e7a68e7589659.jpeg

Edited by freddyjj