Is Tyree Jackson Practice Squad worthy?

Will Tyree Jackson make the Practice Squad?   

159 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tyree Jackson make the Practice Squad?

• No - He'll be cut completely
    • No - He'll be on the 53
    • Yes - He'll make the Practice Squad

38 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

I believe it all depends on how much more patience the coaches and staff have with Jackson. If he doesn't improve over the next two games then I can see him being let go. But I don't think the organization wants to run into a situation like last year, where we started the season with only two QB's on the roster and ended up putting the team in a bad situation. Tyree is talented, but he had better grow up quickly or his NFL career could be over before it begins.

Is Tyree any better than a free agent? If it got really bad, wouldnt you be better off just picking up a Landry Jones or A.N.Other as a free agent? 

I think he is PS worthy, but I do not think he would be who they bring up if another QB is needed.

He really needs reps and study to become a better QB, but he is just not getting that now.  

We we will see how it goes - not sure if someone else shakes free that they had their eye on - if they keep him, but most QBs that are cut would prefer to PS on the team that cut them rather than have to learn a new system and I do not see the Bills using a 53 roster spot for a 3rd QB.

I would like to see him progress but it doesn't make sense to keep him around unless he takes a giant leap in the next two games.

- He is a hindrance to the development of our backups WRs.

- He would not be able to effectively run the scout team offense.

- If Barkley got hurt we would sign someone off the street before we promoted TJ to backup.

For those who think he should have stayed at UB - sure, but that isn't exactly the best place to develop either.

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

If the Pats' 3rd stringer, Stidham, somehow doesn't make the 53, the Bills should steal him. He's looked poised this preseason and he fits the system. Pretty sure he'll make their team, though.

So you want to “steal” the Pats 3rd stringer - are you putting him on the 53 and cutting another good player for a 3rd string QB. 

If not why would Stidham choose the Bills PS over the Pats?

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

He's probably on the Practice squad until they find someone better to replace him.

This ^^^

Go Bills!!!

4 hours ago, HOF4LOU said:

Get Chad on the team. Hes 4th in line in Indy and wont make the cut but he's probably their best qb.

Although I’ve never liked his entitled attitude, I’d be surprised if the Colts keep Bridgett, Kelly and Walker on the team. Likely Kelly or Walker get cut and both are much better than Tyree at this point. 

Id welcome Kelly on this team I’ve been impressed with and I could really care less about the Jim Kelly connection and nostalgia with him. 

I hope we will pick up somebody better, which is about any other QB, once the cuts start happening.  I do not think a spot on the PS is going to be there for him.  He truly has no value to the team either as a 3rd teamer or to simulate another offense in practice as he does not seem to be able to pass the ball.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

What ticks me off about him is his struggles make it harder for bubble players at WR to stand out in preseason games.  It wouldn't surprise me if the Bills sign the loser of the Falk/Webb practice squad spot on the Jets.

It doesn't actually.

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

The problem, however, with the another "teams PS's" is that they would have to put that person on the 53 man roster. With the many bubble battles going on, and the likely potential of keeping an extra WR, TE, O-lineman, DT, or even D-back, I don't see them them wanting a 3rd QB on the 53. Thus, a waiver guy to the PS is most likely. Tyree will have to do well these next two games and hope no other attractive options becomes available to the Bills.

It will come down to, who can we safely stash on the PS?

Don't believe that's true initially.  After every team make the cuts to 53, at that point every player in the league is eligible to sign to anyone's practice squad that teams and players wish.  Once you sign a contract to go onto said teams practice squad, then if another team signs a player off PS, they must put him on the 53. 

That's why teams somewhat take their time assigning players as they first want to comb thru other teams trash.