Is Tyree Jackson Practice Squad worthy?

Will Tyree Jackson make the Practice Squad?   

159 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tyree Jackson make the Practice Squad?

• No - He'll be cut completely
    • No - He'll be on the 53
    • Yes - He'll make the Practice Squad

So far, it looks like Tyree Jackson is only standing out in a bad way. Whilst it's a great local story I struggle to see them putting him on the PS, with multiple WRs and O line who seem to actually have a better chance of moving from the PS I just wonder if they let him go. 

Edited by Mountain Man

Unfortunately guys like him need the most reps but gets the least. The most work he gets is in preseason games after practicing most of the playbook with mental reps. Pretty much setup for failure. With that said...some QBs show more than others in that very same situation and I don't think Jackson falls in that category.

I'm sure there are many upgrades who will be cut soon. I would take whoever loses the Colts 3rd QB job for starters.

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He's probably on the Practice squad until they find someone better to replace him.

Good/Decent backup QBs will be on the 53 man roster. We are not going get a  better alternative to sit in our PS.  

What ticks me off about him is his struggles make it harder for bubble players at WR to stand out in preseason games.  It wouldn't surprise me if the Bills sign the loser of the Falk/Webb practice squad spot on the Jets.

At this point, it is hard to see him even being Practice Squad worthy. I suspect the Bills will comb the waiver wires, and other team Practice Squads, looking for a good 3rd option.

The problem, however, with the another "teams PS's" is that they would have to put that person on the 53 man roster. With the many bubble battles going on, and the likely potential of keeping an extra WR, TE, O-lineman, DT, or even D-back, I don't see them them wanting a 3rd QB on the 53. Thus, a waiver guy to the PS is most likely. Tyree will have to do well these next two games and hope no other attractive options becomes available to the Bills.

It will come down to, who can we safely stash on the PS?

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

There's few players in the league with the talent he has, so I definitely think the Bills should stick him on the PS. However, I don't expect it to do much good, as the main job of the PS is to be a scout team - not personal development.

Let me help you here: "There's few players in the league with the talent "physical tools" he has"; there is a vast difference between talent and tools. .... what's the old saying, "he looks good coming off the bus"? I think that applies here.

Nonetheless, I'm hoping he makes it so those raw tools can be shaped into some real success. He's the kind of kid you root for.

4 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

So far, it looks like Tyree Jackson is only standing out in a bad way. Whilst it's a great local story I struggle to see them putting him on the PS, with multiple WRs and O line who seem to actually have a better chance of moving from the PS I just wonder if they let him go. 

Wish he would of stayed at UB for another year!!!

• Like (+1) 1

It’s so hard to see a guy like that sticking around in today’s nfl.  He is so mentally far away from being able to play, it would take years of coaching and investment to get him to where he’d be able to possibly be a third string QB.  And in the meantime you waste scout team reps and lose the opportunity to develop other skill position players on the PS.  What’s the point?  I get that there are some UB homers on this board who want to see him succeed but you’ve got to face reality.  He has no purpose on this roster.

He’d be far better off going to a developmental league for a few years.

I believe it all depends on how much more patience the coaches and staff have with Jackson. If he doesn't improve over the next two games then I can see him being let go. But I don't think the organization wants to run into a situation like last year, where we started the season with only two QB's on the roster and ended up putting the team in a bad situation. Tyree is talented, but he had better grow up quickly or his NFL career could be over before it begins.