Bar Rescue - Buffalo City Bar & Grill

Just Jack

26 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The St. Pete bar should have called the lady in Maryland, to learn how to become a proper ‘pirate bar’.

Pirate Bar episode >>>>> 

Give them an Emmy.    Can’t remember the last time I laughed that hard. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

In what way is that bar intended to be Buffalo themed, aside from the name? 

The owner was from Buffalo, they sell Beef on Weck and wings, saw several people wearing Bills stuff, even saw a Backers shirt. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

The owner was from Buffalo, they sell Beef on Weck and wings, saw several people wearing Bills stuff, even saw a Backers shirt. 

...and now Taffer's new gig is "Marriage Rescue"....r u kidding?....stick to booze John...this one could come in with lower ratings than CNN...SMH....

I've been to this place twice to watch Bills games. It's quite a ways away so I only got there because I was meeting friends staying in Naples. The last time I was there was maybe 3-4 years ago, so I don't know what it's like now. I also did not read the article posted yet as I wanted to relate my thoughts before I was influenced.

The bar was one of three-related establishments at the end of a plaza/mini-mall/whatever you call them were you live.  Next to the bar was a nicer bar restaurant and next to that was a banquet hall. All of the food came from the middle, nicer place.[Aside: In Florida you can only smoke in certain bars/restaurants. I'm not completely certain about the exact details, but for the most part, you can't have smoking if your food revenues are more than a certain percentage of the total. I think it's something like 10-20%.] The Buffalo bar had 2-3 bars inside and allowed smoking. Technically the food was "delivered" from next door. The wings were pretty good and the beef I had was excellent by Florida standards, which means it was decent. At least it was rare.

It was a dirty/divey/smoky joint with a ton of TVs and a lot of Bills fans. I LOVED it! But I'm sure it disgusted more than it charmed. I was planning on making a pilgrimage there this season (and hit Tampa Downs while I'm there). 

Now I'll see what horrible damage they've done to the place. I hope I'm wrong, but I expect to see they've ripped the very soul from the place and turned it into a generic "upscale-chain" sort of place. I shudder at the very thought of it.

OK, I just read the article. Now I have to go to check it out. I'm a bit ticked I can't smoke a cigar, but I'll live. If it stayed  true to it roots, but just cleaned up a bit (as the article basically suggests) it might be OK. 

Edited by The Dean

13 hours ago, The Dean said:

I

I was planning on making a pilgrimage there this season (and hit Tampa Downs while I'm there). 

Hmm, was going to post "hope the Downs" is racing cause they don'tt race  till January and means Bills in the playoffs, but they were racing in November last year!!!

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

If it’s still a dirty/divey/smoky joint with tons of tvs & Bills fans, I’m IN! Sounds just like a WNY corner Gin Mill -my kind of Place!

For some people grit and grime are off-putting. For people of the street it is called a comforting ambiance. 

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:53 PM, Just Jack said:

In case you’ve ever watched it, Bar Rescue did a Buffalo themed bar in St Petersburg, FL. 

Here’s an article

https://www.tampabay.com/arts-entertainment/bar-review-the-rescue-of-sports-bar-20190411/

Here’s a preview

Dang, those bartenders gave away $90k in a year, I hope their tips reflected that.