Great Movie Soundtracks

Gugny

Movies like Woodstock and the Song Remains the Same shouldn't apply, as the music IS the movie; not the soundtrack, per se.  However, there are a couple movies I have in mind that "could" be musicals, but not really.  So post away!!!

Goodfellas is an awesome soundtrack.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Movies like Woodstock and the Song Remains the Same shouldn't apply, as the music IS the movie; not the soundtrack, per se.  However, there are a couple movies I have in mind that "could" be musicals, but not really.  So post away!!!

Goodfellas is an awesome soundtrack.

The soundtrack from "Heat" the Michael Mann film is good...if you like that kind of thing.

The Blues Brothers.

Kill Bill Vol 1.

Guardians of the Galaxy.  

Baby Driver.  Seriously, any movie that sets a car/gun fight to Brighton Beach Rock has a good soundtrack.

But again, Goodfellas is still the gold standard.

James Newton howard’s Soundtracks are excellent. He scored many of M. Night’s movies (unbreakable is probably his best).

hans zimmer is also terrific. I loved his soundtrack for Christopher Nolan’s Inception— the soundtrack really made the movie.

my personal favorite though is Shawshank Redemption (Thomas Newman).

30 minutes ago, Talkin Proud said:

The Big Chill

-listening to that as a kid, on casette, got me hooked on Motown and music in general 

And 

Purple rain 

13 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Repo Man is easily my favorite.

BTW, surprised nobody mentioned Saturday Night Fever yet. Not my music, but iconic all the same.

Purple Rain and Saturday Night Fever are excellent calls.