Once upon a time in Hollywood any good ?

Teddy KGB

I've seen it 3x now. The 1st time I was a little disappointed cause I expected more Charlie & I didn't expect the ending, but now I love it. Yeah it's slow but I find it to be very rewatchable, so many great scenes and great acting, especially Brad Pitt and most especially Leo. "Those f'n hippies!":lol: YMMV, very polarizing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

I've seen it 3x now. The 1st time I was a little disappointed cause I expected more Charlie & I didn't expect the ending, but now I love it. Yeah it's slow but I find it to be very rewatchable, so many great scenes and great acting, especially Brad Pitt and most especially Leo. "Those f'n hippies!":lol: YMMV, very polarizing.

I’m going to give this a shot.

I for whatever reason didn’t like Inglorious Basterds the first time I watched it.  Now it’s one of my all time favorites.

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I for whatever reason didn’t like Inglorious Basterds the first time I watched it.  Now it’s one of my all time favorites.

I watched a QT marathon at home the week leading up to this (skipping Death Proof). It was the first time after one-and-done theater viewings that I saw IB & Hateful 8, and yeah, they were both better than I remembered. I'd put OUATIH above them & Django, but below his run from Reservoir Dogs thru the Kill Bills.

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Rico said:

Often I spend the first viewing of a QT movie trying to understand WTF is happening and it's not till the 2d or 3d viewing that I really dig it.   Inglorious Bastards was in that category for sure, as were the Kill Bill movies.   I need to watch the H8 again.

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Thats me with wolf of Wall Street.     First time meh.   Now I can’t turn it off ever. 

9 hours ago, Rico said:

I watched a QT marathon at home the week leading up to this (skipping Death Proof). It was the first time after one-and-done theater viewings that I saw IB & Hateful 8, and yeah, they were both better than I remembered. I'd put OUATIH above them & Django, but below his run from Reservoir Dogs thru the Kill Bills.

If I ranked my Tarantino movies:

1. Pulp Fiction 

2. Inglorious Basterds

3. Reservoir Dogs

4. True Romance 

5. Django 

6. From Dusk til Dawn

7. KB 1

8. KB 2

9. The Hateful 8

10.  Frozen

The Bruce Lee part was hilarious (IMO).  I don't know why his daughter is upset.  

What I appreciate most, especially in retrospect, is the attention to the dialogue in his movies.  So many memorable lines.  

I'm disappointed that we will never have a Winston Wolff or a Vega brothers movie.  

• Like (+1) 1

I thought it was fantastic. Helps when you go in with at least a little bit of knowledge about the Manson family. So many subplots and clips from movies/TV shows the main character acted in that are just plain fun. The gratuitous violence that Tarentino is known for really doesn't come in until the end, except a few fist fight scenes, but totally worth it. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If I ranked my Tarantino movies:

1. Pulp Fiction 

2. Inglorious Basterds

3. Reservoir Dogs

4. True Romance 

5. Django 

6. From Dusk til Dawn

7. KB 1

8. KB 2

9. The Hateful 8

10.  Frozen

True Romance is one of my all time favorite movies. He wrote it but Tony Scott directed it.  

***very minor spoilers follow***

What Hollywood did with Manson was great. Kept me as a viewer really nervous through the movie about where that plot line was headed. 

The Bruce Lee scene was obviously just blowing up some statements for fun. Everyone take a deep breath. 

Lots of great cameos but I particularly enjoyed the short moment of Uma Thurman’s daughter Maya Hawke (for those not familiar with her work on Stranger Things, in this flick, she took off in the getaway car.)

Edited by Benjamin Franklin
  • Like (+1) 2