Baldy's Breakdown of Allen vs Panthers

CNY315

Crazy thing is if there was no missed FG or dropped probable TD pass to Zay in the 1st preseason then Allen could of had 4 series and 4 scoring drives in preseason...

Things that make you go... ***** the Hell yeah  !!!!

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, TPS said:

Pass Pro excellent in some of those and good in others.

Definitely.

Look at how much time Allen had to throw in those pass plays. A couple of times the Panthers defenders get close, but the offensive line gives Allen just enough time for him to make a play.

On that second pass to Sweeney, look at how much room Allen has in front of him before he makes the pass. Allen could have ran and made the first down easily. Thankfully he did not. He stays in the pocket hits Sweeney with a good pass and it's first and goal.

Exciting to see.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Definitely.

Look at how much time Allen had to throw in those pass plays. A couple of times the panthers defenders get close, but the offensive line gives Allen just enough time for him to make a play.

On that second pass to Sweeney, look at how much room Allen has in front of him before he makes the pass. Allen could have ran and made the first down easily. Thankfully he did not. He stays in the pocket hits Sweeney with a good pass and it's first and goal.

Exciting to see.

The best part????

They aren’t even a cohesive unit yet. 

As this season progresses( barring injuries) they will get better.

Building a team from the lines out?

McBeane is on it and it is gratifying to watch.

Also, Josh is a worker. You just know this cat is going to be killing it in the film room. His ability to read Defenses is going to grow and grow???

• Like (+1) 9

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The best part????

They aren’t even a cohesive unit yet. 

As this season progresses( barring injuries) they will get better.

Building a team from the lines out?

McBeane is on it and it is gratifying to watch.

Also, Josh is a worker. You just know this cat is going to be killing it in the film room. His ability to read Defenses is going to grow and grow???

Feliciano also looks like an upgrade over last year, if he has to play C.

Two Similar plays from last night that show a huge upgrade: Shady's TD and a 3rd down and short run for the first. The OL won the line of scrimmage on both. That was rare last year in short yardage.

• Like (+1) 5

JA and the O sure look like they are executing light years better than last season to say the least.

Go Bills!!!

52 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Definitely.

Look at how much time Allen had to throw in those pass plays. A couple of times the Panthers defenders get close, but the offensive line gives Allen just enough time for him to make a play.

Exciting to see.

I said it yesterday and I’ll say it again. We just need our o-line to be average to good on any given day and we’ll have a chance to win. We don’t need an elite offensive line, just one that can get the job done.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MAGA-Man said:

Sure hope he throws a TD next week.

If he doesn't, I think Barkley should be the starter.  This is getting ridiculous.  Very, very ridiculous.  Believe me.  Nobody knows ridiculous like me ... and this is ridiculous.

• Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Most notable, Sweeney wasn’t even looking when Josh let it fly. It was a pass Tyrod will never throw in his life. 

Yup, the young guy is learning to throw guys open by anticipating windows and yes if Zay makes that catch last week we'd have been hearing about Allen last week  Amazing how one or two plays make or break a game

• Like (+1) 1

That was the best performance I've seen from Josh Allen since he was drafted. I've been one of his biggest critics, but he really impressed me in this game. He made accurate, well placed throws on a consistent basis. I never saw him do that last season. Even many of his completions were poorly thrown. There were really only a couple bad passes in 11 attempts against Carolina and Beasley caught one of them anyways (his 1st catch). Brown, Beasley, Sweeney, and several other receivers are playing well and we haven't even seen Knox play in a game. Don't dismiss Knox either. He has exceptional speed for a TE that can also block well.

Never mind the media hype one way or another. Trust your eyes. We're going to be releasing some pretty good players at the final 53 man cut.

What we need to add or develop is a couple of superstars on both sides of the ball. We need one on the pass rush and one to shut down guys like AB and OBJ well enough to win. We need one in the run game and one in the passing game. 4 in all. Wade or Singletary could be the answer for our run game. Shady could have a big year.

This offseason is looking better all the time.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 2

I look at the list of names who are providing standout play on offense, and not a lot of them are players from last year, and very few from two years ago.  Beasely, Sweeney, Wade, Singletary, most of the O line (what a great job upgrading) -- McBeane have overcome the disastrous 2016 draft -- players who should be rounding in the top-notch pros at this point. The only one left, I think, is Shaq Lawson.  So we went out and got players to fill the 2016 gaps. 

I'll feel better if the offense can do even half as well as they have so far against non-game planned defenses full of grocery baggers. Well maybe that's harsh.  I am extremely encouraged by the changes this year.

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If he doesn't, I think Barkley should be the starter.  This is getting ridiculous.  Very, very ridiculous.  Believe me.  Nobody knows ridiculous like me ... and this is ridiculous.

I can vouch for him. This man is the ultimate in pure ridiculousness! The real deal, I tell you! 

• Thank you (+1) 1