"What do you not see in him?" Great [paywall] article about Josh Allen from The Athletic

Logic

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I think he may have some of that locker room, clown show sense of humor ala Fitz.  That is a complement.   Fitz, with the 49 Wonderlich and Harvard degree, won some credibility with his team by not acting like he was the smartest guy in the room.

Never forget Fitz totally rocking the bearded 70's retro look. Hilarious, and my son in college has it as an avatar and uses words like "glorious" to describe the beard.

See the source image

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

https://theathletic.com/1143752/2019/08/17/what-do-you-not-see-in-him-josh-allens-economical-week-in-carolina-has-bills-eager-for-regular-season/?redirected=1

Excerpts:

“It’s awesome to see him kind of transforming in front of all of our eyes into his second year,” tight end Lee Smith said. “I wasn’t here for his rookie year, but I was obviously told a lot about him. The word on the street was just the upside he had. But upside is just that. It’s upside, right? But to watch him kind of take control of this offense. Him and Dabes (offensive coordinator Brian Daboll) have such a great relationship, they’re on the same page. It’s really fun to watch. To see him kind of figure them out for two days which would be as if we were game-planning during the week. To come out here and take advantage of certain things and change a couple calls, and have control of the offense, it was fun to watch and it’s exciting.

“What do you not see in him?” Beasley said. “He has the arm. He can move, he can extend plays. He has everything you would want in your quarterback. There’s still room to grow, which is awesome. I’m just happy to have the opportunity to grow with him and be a part of that process. The dude is very, very talented and has all the tools.”

“He’s as good as anybody I’ve ever been around in the huddle,” said Smith, a nine-year NFL vet. “He’s a little bit like an 8-year-old off the field, but when we get on the ball, he’s a grown man and he does his business.”

“He’s a natural leader,” DiMarco said."

It's the same thing it always has been for some of the so-called experts. They didn't like him coming out-and after all its all about being correct and giving their egos a *****! News for you guys, this kids gonna be good and we know who you are!

Edited by Josh "Real Deal" Allen

48 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Never forget Fitz totally rocking the bearded 70's retro look. Hilarious, and my son in college has it as an avatar and uses words like "glorious" to describe the beard.

See the source image

I hope this doesn't mean he's going to try to look like a dolphin this year.

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

That DiMarco quote ??

4 hours ago, MJS said:

8 year old off the field? I wonder what he means.

Allen:  ok, if I sink this wrapper into the garbage, you gotta get me lunch all this week.

DiMarco:...no I’m not.

Allen: yes, yes...that’s the deal.

Dimarco: Josh, I’m not doing that.

Allen:  OK, Ok...then just on Monday and Tuesday, and then if you don’t, you have to do it for the rest of the week.  AND, you have to call me King of the Garbage Toss in front of everyone at practice.

dimarco:  I’m going now.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

I’m guessing he means Allen is a fun loving kid at heart off the field and, based on the many videos, etc., of him enjoying various activities off the field, I’d say that’s true.

ABSOLUTELY! The more I see of him off the field, the more I love the person. More importantly, the more I see of him ON the field, the more I’m encouraged by the player! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Isn't it past the point in this thread where we should have had a "slow your roll," "pump the brakes," or some other variation of telling us to temper our enthusiasm post?

My fault. Those guys aren’t here anymore..

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

ABSOLUTELY! The more I see of him off the field, the more I love the person. More importantly, the more I see of him ON the field, the more I’m encouraged by the player! 

Very well said.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Heitz said:

Obviously it means he's immature, he probably leaves his Legos all over the locker room floor, he'll only eat Mac & cheese and hot dogs during team dinners and he HATES that he has a limit on how much time he can play Fortnite.  I don't know if I like the sound of this guys...

? :beer:

Nothing funny about a Lego to a bare foot.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2