Deon Lacey and Daryl Johnson

eball

3 hours ago, TPS said:

I agree; he would be picked up by someone. So does that mean he takes Love's spot or do they keep 5 as I suggested?

Trade one, and wouldn't be that opposed to it being Lawson as he likely could bring the most in return, maybe a decent swing tackle.  Good chance he's not re-signed next year anyway as going to want big $$, and unless he really plays much better than past , may not be worth it.

4 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’d they cut him they are fools.. You don’t cut a rookie DE you drafted that’s producing like he is.  Zero chance he clears waivers.  

he should injure his little toe and go on injury maybe ?

Lacey is a good ST player. To the extent he improves his standing as an adequate backup LB he helps himself a lot. Johnson absolutely makes the 53 based on what (little) I have seen so far, some of which is downright eyepopping. He has the traits of a good pass rushing DE and now everybody knows it. Word gets around fast. Try to put him on the PS and kiss him goodbye. Whoever scouted this guy for the Bills deserves a raise. 

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Yarborough seems to be the odd man out. I'd keep Hughes, Murphy, Love and Johnson.

What about Lawson? He has been playing well too.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Keep 4 DTs (Shaq can play 3 tech in a pinch) and 5 DE. It really doesn’t need to be harder than that. 

It is hard because we only have 53 and there is probably 58 NFL players on this roster. 

Just now, billspro said:

With way Shaq has been playing he could very well start over Murphy. 

1 minute ago, billspro said:

It is hard because we only have 53 and there is probably 58 NFL players on this roster. 

Good then you trade some to set up for replenish assets. Weird we are finally in a position where we can say we have depth that could be used to get Picks prior to cut down day. 

19 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’d they cut him they are fools.. You don’t cut a rookie DE you drafted that’s producing like he is.  Zero chance he clears waivers.  

....yet ANOTHER late round find....McBeane & company have been masterful striking late gold IMO......

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Keep 4 DTs (Shaq can play 3 tech in a pinch) and 5 DE. It really doesn’t need to be harder than that. 

This!

Johnson, and the winner of Love vs. Yarborough.

Edited by CSBill

21 hours ago, hemma said:

We have some good players that won't be on the team.

Hope Beane can get something for them;, trade or picks.

So true and so nice to be able to say this about our Bills.  Applies to multiple positions like WR, CB, and RB, IMO anyway.  Speaks volumes about Beane and his team and the coaching staff as well.  What a nice problem to have.  It's still preseason of course and us Bills fans love to get ahead of ourselves but I think this is truly the case this year.  (knock on proverbial wood) 

I think they keep 4 DEs: Hughes, Murphy, Shaq, and Johnson 

They'll probably try to sneak Love onto the PS, as he's made fewer plays that pop on film compared to Johnson, so he'll probably be in lower demand on the claims circuit.

Even though Shaq isn't a big EDGE threat, LorAx and Edmunds can give them enough snaps out there that they won't be limited in their ability to rotate EDGE rushers.

36 minutes ago, Distorted One said:

So true and so nice to be able to say this about our Bills.  Applies to multiple positions like WR, CB, and RB, IMO anyway.  Speaks volumes about Beane and his team and the coaching staff as well.  What a nice problem to have.  It's still preseason of course and us Bills fans love to get ahead of ourselves but I think this is truly the case this year.  (knock on proverbial wood) 

This is a good post. Nearly every personnel group has this dilemma to some extent. Just think, the Bills with an embarrassment of riches.

On 8/17/2019 at 10:51 AM, Warcodered said:

Shaq?

Shaq would be an interesting trade, and would free up spot on Dline.  Murphy, Shaq, Johnson, Yarborough,  Love- one of them has to go.  Murphy and Johnson are staying IMO.  So it's one of the other 3 that is a goner.  

WR, TE, LB, S and DE are very tough cutdowns

On 8/17/2019 at 10:12 AM, CaptnCoke11 said:

I agree, without the stats Darryl Johnson has been generating, the Bills might have sneaked him on to the PS, but that's looking pretty unlikely now.  He is essentially forcing his way on to the 53 man roster.  Mike Love has been something of a training camp darling, but he's not getting his name mentioned in the games so far.

I don't see Johnson being waived, he isnt exactly where you want him in terms of weight, but that was known before you took him.  He reminds me of Manny Lawson a bit.  That's pretty big for late round guy.  I would expect Yarborough to be released and them to keep Johnson on the roster as a back up to zo/de.  He could fill what Zo does in the box, but there's no substitute for experience as a LB, so that's asking a lot.  Also, I find it hard to believe Joseph will be let go, his colege career was very productive, he seems to be translating it well to the pros, with Milano's success, I cant imagine them ditching him after investing a pick in him and seeing good on field production.

• Like (+1) 2