Deon Lacey and Daryl Johnson

eball

Thought both of these guys really helped themselves last night. I just re-watched the condensed version of the game (I was there live last night) and Lacey was all over the place. Beautiful sack and FF for Johnson also. 

• Like (+1) 8

Johnson will be an interesting decision, as will Be LDE in general. Love vs Johnson. I think Yarbrough has backed up Jerry previously, but Shaw is there now. 

Johnson may force them to keep 5 DE, Love being the 8th. The DTs are set.

1 minute ago, TPS said:

Johnson will be an interesting decision, as will Be LDE in general. Love vs Johnson. I think Yarbrough has backed up Jerry previously, but Shaw is there now. 

Johnson may force them to keep 5 DE, Love being the 8th. The DTs are set.

I’d they cut him they are fools.. You don’t cut a rookie DE you drafted that’s producing like he is.  Zero chance he clears waivers.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’d they cut him they are fools.. You don’t cut a rookie DE you drafted that’s producing like he is.  Zero chance he clears waivers.  

I agree; he would be picked up by someone. So does that mean he takes Love's spot or do they keep 5 as I suggested?

1 hour ago, eball said:

Thought both of these guys really helped themselves last night. I just re-watched the condensed version of the game (I was there live last night) and Lacey was all over the place. Beautiful sack and FF for Johnson also. 

I skimmed the replay late last night, and it seemed Lacey was all over the place! I’ll watch the whole thing a little closer later today and keep an eye open for Johnson. 

Johnson has torn up 3rd and 4th string OL. I'd like to see him versus 1st and 2nd string OL.

We know what we have in Lawson and Yarborough. Love is also showing well.

Hughes, Murphey and Lawson are top 3. Crowded for 1 spot between Yarborough, Love, Johnson.

Yes, I think they keep 5 DEs with Love and Johnson getting the nod over Yarbrough.

And I agree about Lacey, he was a man on a mission to keep his roster spot last night. He was all over the field, looked good in run support and made some plays in coverage too. He was one of the main guys that flashed for me last night. He was around the ball all night.

Last year the Bills kept 7 Linebackers. This year, if they keep the same, I think your top 5 are set with Milano, Lorenzo, Edmunds, Thompson (as the 4th), Stanford (as your main backup middle LB). That leaves Lacey, Joseph, Dodson, and Maurice Alexander fighting for two spots. After last night, I think it is Lacey and Joseph. If they like Dodson enough, maybe he goes to the practice squad and I don't think the other Alexander has shown enough, so he's probably gone. Earlier in camp, some said Lacey's roster spot might be in jeopardy, but he may have secured it last night.

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 2