Tyree Jackson vs Colin Kaepernick

Irv

9 hours ago, The Plastic Cup said:

Yup.  Was Ray Rice not one of the 100+ best running backs available when his suspension ended?  Don’t recall the anguished cries for injustice on his behalf five years later.

The crusaders will let it go when they find a new poster child for whatever political statement they are trying to make.

Because most people don't equate being blackballed for making a protest with being blackballed for beating women

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

I’m sure this has probably been said before but Eric Reid not only knelt, he continued to, and still is. He also sued the NFL for collusion. Unlike Kaepernick, he’s not afraid to publicly speak out often. If the owners are so set on blackballing talented minority players who speak out, then why does Reid get a 3 year extension this year, and Kaepernick gets nothing?

I get your point that Eric Reid is probably better at his position than Kaepernick was at his. But I think a lot of Kaepernick's.. infamy for some.. was in large part from his high profile position at quarterback that got him pinned as the ringleader of all that. I mean, many meathead football fans that don't know what they're talking about would riot if they heard Kaep was talking with their team and not even know who Eric Reid is (or that he's even on their team).

I mean TBH there's a ton of reasons Kaep never got signed. Columns A-Z.. part of it was he wasn't good enough for carrying so much baggage sure. But since part of his baggage comes just from being recognizable on someone's fantasy football team.. I do find that unfortunate. 

He'd still have to be better at his position than Eric Reid at his IMO. On the flip side nobody would give a crap if he wasn't QB and got blackballed partly for non football reasons either.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

He has turned down money to compete and start so why would he come here to hold a clip board.

And even so I'd rather have someone with more potential as my #3. They get to be inactive and learn without having to be thrown to the wolves

11 hours ago, StHustle said:

Kaep would easily be a top 5 backup in the league and yall want him to take #3 money cause he started the kneeling trend? I hate getting into the conversation. Guys like Nate Peterman and plenty other less talented QBs gets opportunity after opportunity to stay in the league but with Kaep its the "not good enough" BS excuse. If you can't be wise enough to admit he was blackballed because of kneeling and not lack of talent you probably also believe racism no longer exists in America.

He was blackballed because the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. It's a simple business decision. If you're going to be a distraction you better be damn good and he isn't. As long as he's been out its hard to say if he's a solid #2 or 3, bottom line is no owner of coach wants a backup getting more attention than the starter for non-football related reasons. 

Since Buffalo is set at backup QB with Matt Barkley, and Colin Kaepernick would not accept a spot on Buffalo's practice squad, there is no issue here, and no reason for a conversation.  It's already been stated, Tyree Jackson is not going to be on the 53 man roster.  If Buffalo chooses to keep him on the PS, it's because they believe his athletic gifts are worth trying to develop and they thin he has the right attitude and aptitude to be an NFL QB even though he is FAR from ready to step on the field in a regular season game.

If the OP wants a conversation about Kaepernick versus Barkley, I'd pick Barkley, because a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  Barkley is poised and accurate, and has enough arm to be productive.  Moreover, he knows his time to compete as a starter in the NFL is probably past and he's happy with his role as a backup and confidant to help Josh Allen get better.  While Colin Kaepernick has plenty of physical talent, he was never the most coachable QB in the league, and did not have a great reputation as a team first guy.

If Buffalo did not have a good option at backup QB, I'd consider Kaepernick.  Since they do - no thanks.

if CK is willing to accept the league minimum for an invitation to training camp to compete for a #3 or possibly #2 QB job, I don't have a problem with anyone bringing him in.

if CK feels entitled to a starting QB position in the NFL because he's Colin Kaepernick and the world owes him for perceived oppression, f*ck him.  Bring in somebody else willing to work and make a contribution

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I haven’t read through this, but just chiming in to say I blame Irv. No need for this crap. I’m tired of it. He made his choices. His grief was not worth what he brought to a team. PERIOD. Let's move on.  He’s not a Bill and I expect he never will be. If it happens, then we can talk about it. 

• Like (+1) 2

God forbid Josh or Matt were to miss time, but if it happens Kaep would immediately be my #1 choice to to sign (as a backup). Do I think he is a franchise QB? No. He had his opportunity. But can he take a good team deep into the playoffs? Yes, and he has the resume to prove it. I could care less about the political stuff, and I don't know what kind of offers he has supposedly turned down, but he's a good enough football player to compete for the #2 spot on any NFL team.

Edited by TuelTime

I will admit the 'break up from San Fran' was mutual based on interviews with John Lynch.

They would have cut Kap if he did not void his contract, but Kap argued for the 'void' provision the year before.

I find it interesting that this all happened in SF, one of the most left leaning cities in America.

He worked his way off of the 49ers in San Francisco.

He then spat in the eye of John Elway, an NFL legend who was reaching out to him to give him a life line.

What happened when Denver offered him a contract after it all??? Kap rejected it, but Elway and the NFL is racist now?

Between injury and 'social justice' he was persona non grata in San Francisco, a leftist haven.

Did he expect Memphis, Indy, Buffalo or Kansas City to pick him up?

he then spat in the face of an NFL legend in a politically 50-50 city (Denver)

make stupid decisions and win stupid rewards

Exhibit A - Colin Kaepernick

10 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I will admit the 'break up from San Fran' was mutual based on interviews with John Lynch.

They would have cut Kap if he did not void his contract, but Kap argued for the 'void' provision the year before.

I find it interesting that this all happened in SF, one of the most left leaning cities in America.

He worked his way off of the 49ers in San Francisco.

He then spat in the eye of John Elway, an NFL legend who was reaching out to him to give him a life line.

What happened when Denver offered him a contract after it all??? Kap rejected it, but Elway and the NFL is racist now?

Between injury and 'social justice' he was persona non grata in San Francisco, a leftist haven.

Did he expect Memphis, Indy, Buffalo or Kansas City to pick him up?

he then spat in the face of an NFL legend in a politically 50-50 city (Denver)

make stupid decisions and win stupid rewards

Exhibit A - Colin Kaepernick

lets not forget about the Ravens being interested until Kap's girlfriend posted a picture of Ray Lewis and the Ravens owner comparing them to Django. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

He was blackballed because the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. It's a simple business decision. If you're going to be a distraction you better be damn good and he isn't. As long as he's been out its hard to say if he's a solid #2 or 3, bottom line is no owner of coach wants a backup getting more attention than the starter for non-football related reasons. 

Has nothing to do with being a distraction. Its about the owners feeling they may lose money from the backlash. My whole point is the "not good enough" to play in the league argument is BS. But yes, for an owner to gamble on the backlash he would have to be a player actually contributing on Sundays. I get that. The racist dollar is powerful. And yes if you are that upset years later about this man kneeling, EVEN THOUGH HE SAID HE WOULDNT KNEEL ANYMORE, and you are simply that unforgiving over the victimless "crime" it was, then you have some deep rooted issues that go beyond what you're willing to admit to.

Kapernick Supporters: “OMG leave him alone, he has every right to express his opinion and protest even when he’s wearing his work uniform and on his employers property. This is America- it’s his choice. Freedom of speech, freedom of choice. Yass. America.”

Also Kapernick supporters: “OMG I cant believe these racist old white owners (especially the one in Jacksonville whose had a terrible QB situation this whole time) are choosing not to hire Colin Kapernick. That’s so unfair. They can’t just choose to do that. That’s racist. You can’t just choose not to hire someone even if they might loose you money. You don’t have any freedom to choose who to hire if you’re a rich white person. Why are these people such nazi racists. It’s Trumps fault.”

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 5

15 hours ago, Irv said:

If we are honest about it and set aside the past, if he agreed not to kneel would you rather have Kaepernick on the roster than Jackson?   After last night I would.  

Chad Kelly played well again tonight.  If he gets cut I'd take him as our #3 in a heartbeat. 

10 hours ago, Augie said:

I haven’t read through this, but just chiming in to say I blame Irv. No need for this crap. I’m tired of it. He made his choices. His grief was not worth what he brought to a team. PERIOD. Let's move on.  He’s not a Bill and I expect he never will be. If it happens, then we can talk about it. 

If your in the league to win, then how can Peterman and Tyree Jackson be on a roster and CK can’t?  

9 minutes ago, Irv said:

If your in the league to win, then how can Peterman and Tyree Jackson be on a roster and CK can’t?  

If Peterman gets on the field in the regular season the Raiders are not winning.

If TJ sees the field this season it is over.

Krap tore up a 15m+ contract to hit the free market.

It looks like no one was buying.

If he really wanted to show he would play and be a good team mate he would have signed with the spring league that folded for 250k.

His contract demands must be unreasonable or he would be on a team or in the CFL.