Tyree Jackson vs Colin Kaepernick

Irv

The problem with bringing in Kaepernick is they'll be outside public pressure to make him our starter.  Matt Barkley is a capable backup and there will be a few QB's who are released in a couple of weeks we can bring in if we feel we need an upgrade over Jackson for a 3rd QB spot.

15 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The problem with bringing in Kaepernick is they'll be outside public pressure to make him our starter. 

Bingo. Put Kaep on this team and every time Allen throws an incomplete pass, the Al Sharptons of the world will be all over social media explaining how the Pegula's are racists for not putting Kaep in the game. The Pegulas will make a donation to some Kaep fundraiser and they'll be chastised for their token donation and explain how the only way to make things right is to provide reparations for all the black quarterbacks not on an NFL team.

The dude is poison. I'd rather have Billy Jo Hobert as our #3 than Kaep.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Kaep won't come back to be a #2 even, unless he's paid like a starter.  And most teams aren't keeping 3 QB's these days.

Kaep wouldn't even come in and be a starter on a team he doesn’t like...and that doesn’t pay him at least 20 million.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

57 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

As far as I am concerned he can kneel if he wants.....and yes I would take him as a QB on this team

That’s where I’m at as well.  He is a better qb than Barkley and it’s not even a question.  If you have Allen, Kaepernick, and put Jackson on practice squad, you have 3 qbs who have a very similar skill set.  

What blows my mind is how people pick and choice what they take stands on.  We had Trump loving RI, one of the biggest scumbags ever, and some fans would still welcome him back after he threatened to shoot up a funeral home and beat up his grandma.  He’s just misunderstood.  Personally, and from playing sports, the locker room is filled with different personalities and that’s what makes sports great.  I would welcome Trump lover Nick Bosa as much as I would welcome Josh Rosen.  As long as you’re not a scumbag, I want the best team possible.  But Kaepernick should have punched a women or beat a baby.  He’d be in the league right now.  

And no this is never happening. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

Jackson is raw

Yeah, I hope they keep him on the practice squad.  Odds are he won’t amount to anything but he has nfl skills. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

mean while back at the ranch... our hero... 

Go Bills!!!

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s where I’m at as well.  He is a better qb than Barkley and it’s not even a question.  If you have Allen, Kaepernick, and put Jackson on practice squad, you have 3 qbs who have a very similar skill set.  

What blows my mind is how people pick and choice what they take stands on.  We had Trump loving RI, one of the biggest scumbags ever, and some fans would still welcome him back after he threatened to shoot up a funeral home and beat up his grandma.  He’s just misunderstood.  Personally, and from playing sports, the locker room is filled with different personalities and that’s what makes sports great.  I would welcome Trump lover Nick Bosa as much as I would welcome Josh Rosen.  As long as you’re not a scumbag, I want the best team possible.  But Kaepernick should have punched a women or beat a baby.  He’d be in the league right now.  

And no this is never happening. 

I agree with you, I could care less about a player’s politics, but please don’t try to shove any politics down my throat while you’re playing for my team. I’m not watching for the politics—actually quite the opposite in fact. As for RI, I wouldn’t want him back either, even though I liked him as a player. He’s demonstrated his marbles are questionable one too many times. 

• Like (+1) 1

Kaep's last year in the league (2016) he played in the same number of games as Josh Allen did last year and he was considerably better. It is ignorant to act like Kaep wouldn't make a good backup. I would rather have Kaep over Tyrod, and I think Tyrod is one of the better backups in the game. That media circus narrative is crap. Don't you listen to interviews where the coaches and players alike say they don't listen to the media? The only people who use the terms "team distraction" and "media circus" are the media and the easily influenced..

Also, Kaepernick most likely wins the starting job in Miami this year.

Edited by TuelTime
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I agree with you, I could care less about a player’s politics, but please don’t try to shove any politics down my throat while you’re playing for my team. I’m not watching for the politics—actually quite the opposite in fact. As for RI, I wouldn’t want him back either, even though I liked him as a player. He’s demonstrated his marbles are questionable one too many times. 

I do totally respect this opinion as well. Personally, I respect a millionaire who speaks up for less fortunate people and sports is a huge platform.  But I definitely get your position as well.

i do think it’s a pretty awful look for Kaepernick to be out of the league that just drafted Joe Mixon and Jeffrey Simmons in the draft.  And this didn’t cause a 1/5 of the outrage of CK, who literally hasn’t done one criminal thing in his life.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Your Brown Eye said:

Kaep was 3-16 in his last 19 games, I'll pass

That loser Aaron Rodgers went 6-9-1 last year.  I won’t want him. Bum.

and clearly, the 49ers have completely turned things around since they got rid of CK.  They are a powerhouse now!

10 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Kaep was 3-16 in his last 19 games, I'll pass

He had a 60% comp. 16:4 TD/INT, 2200 yards passing and almost 500 yards rushing.. In 11 starts.. He is certainly capable of being a #2 and possibly starting on a crappy team like Miami.

Edited by TuelTime
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, TuelTime said:

He had a 60% comp. 16:4 TD/INT, 2200 yards passing and almost 500 yards rushing.. He is certainly capable of being a #2 and possibly starting on a crappy team like Miami.

Yup, it’s a lazy argument people use.  If you don’t think Kaepernick is one of the best 64 qbs, you’re a liar.  If Allen has a 4 td to 1 int ratio this year, we would build him a statue. 

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Bingo. Put Kaep on this team and every time Allen throws an incomplete pass, the Al Sharptons of the world will be all over social media explaining how the Pegula's are racists for not putting Kaep in the game. The Pegulas will make a donation to some Kaep fundraiser and they'll be chastised for their token donation and explain how the only way to make things right is to provide reparations for all the black quarterbacks not on an NFL team.

The dude is poison. I'd rather have Billy Jo Hobert as our #3 than Kaep.

Then they'll criticize Pegula for his fracking background and donating to Republican politicians.  It's going to take a stupid owner to sign him.  My money is on Mike Brown.

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

mean while back at the ranch... our hero... 

Go Bills!!!

Dips his wings in blue cheese, whilst  pondering the phenomenon that is Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills.... ?