Tyree Jackson vs Colin Kaepernick

Irv

10 hours ago, StHustle said:

Has nothing to do with being a distraction. Its about the owners feeling they may lose money from the backlash. My whole point is the "not good enough" to play in the league argument is BS. But yes, for an owner to gamble on the backlash he would have to be a player actually contributing on Sundays. I get that. The racist dollar is powerful. And yes if you are that upset years later about this man kneeling, EVEN THOUGH HE SAID HE WOULDNT KNEEL ANYMORE, and you are simply that unforgiving over the victimless "crime" it was, then you have some deep rooted issues that go beyond what you're willing to admit to.

Omg... the racist dollar?! Yikes

• Haha (+1) 1

Kaepernick riding this idea of "being blackballed" is posturing. That this thread exists shows the effectiveness of his strategy.

He'll do far better not returning to the NFL and sticking to his current narrative, than returning and adapting to a different narrative. He knows it too. Good for him making it pay off, and good for the NFL to avoid being the ones to pay him.

Maybe Nike can put P. T. Barnum on their next pair of shoes.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/17/2019 at 9:52 AM, Chandler#81 said:

? WTH??

Oh, that’s right, it’s Saturday. Day drinking is no way to go through life, son.

Living in an alternative reality by choice isn't either.

On 8/17/2019 at 9:23 AM, Irv said:

If we are honest about it and set aside the past, if he agreed not to kneel would you rather have Kaepernick on the roster than Jackson?   After last night I would.  

People need to accept Kaepernick is simply not good enough for teams to tolerate his antics. The league has voted. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

People need to accept Kaepernick is simply not good enough for teams to tolerate his antics. The league has voted. 

Yep, that’s about it in a nutshell. Regardless of anyone’s “ support” for his questionable statements etc, that’s how it is. Amazing this choad can still generate pages upon pages of posts. It’s not happening, it’s not changing and we all know it. What’s the point ?

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It's not even "antics."  He's good enough for a backup...but because of the "controversy" surrounding him, he becomes an instant QB controversy if any team signs him as a backup.  No franchise will willingly court that sort of instant roster mess.  

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's not even "antics."  He's good enough for a backup...but because of the "controversy" surrounding him, he becomes an instant QB controversy if any team signs him as a backup.  No franchise will willingly court that sort of instant roster mess.  

Hes essentially a far less skilled version of Jeff George. 

1 hour ago, nucci said:

I get this but it's interesting that Michael Vick was signed after he tortured and killed dogs. Kaepernick knelt during the anthem

Perhaps it’s interesting, but it’s also not that difficult to understand. Vick did heinous things, got caught and served time. He paid a big price financially for his transgressions. It seems the commissioner also steered him away from a potential starting role on his return , and into a more out of the limelight backup job. It’s all about public perception in the entertainment business. Americans tend to be a forgiving lot when it comes to legal problems. While Kaep did nothing criminal, he expressed strong opinions that were controversial, even dubious. His chosen time and place for his “ protest” could be ( and was) considered a slight against America by many. That’s not going to be forgotten or forgiven by those offended,  as he hasn’t exactly repented or publicly changed his opinion.He doesn’t seem to concerned about money and only wants to be a starter. He may have changed his mind, but he did express that at one point. That’s just not a situation most teams and coaches want to be a part of. It’s not hard to figure out, and I don’t blame them. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

I don't care one way or another about the kneeling.

Kaep opting out of his SF contract was the dumbest contract move I've ever seen a player make...........it was utter stupidity.

He walked away from $15M+ per year and now he's unwilling to come back and re-establish himself at a long-out-of-football backup rate.

• Like (+1) 1

I wish Kaep would just officially retire. The guy doesn’t want to play. He wants to be a martyr. A victim. 

Tyree wants to play. And his career is a few weeks old. Will he ever be a starter? Probably not. Maybe not even a backup. But leave the kid be. The obsession of the practice squad quarterback for this season is a little crazy. It’s like we’re obsessed over evaluating the lowest tiered quarterbacks on the bills roster ?? enjoy that for once the lower tiered guy isn’t going to start and be the savior of the franchise like JP, Trent, EJ etc etc etc 

• Like (+1) 1

If Kaepernick stuck with the game after the controversy, I believe that he could have been a solid backup/stop gap starter for the rest of his career.  A definite upgrade over the likes of Tyree Jackson, Ej Manuel and Nate Peterman.

He did not decide to do that.  He is not in game shape, he is in his third year removed from football and most importantly, his mind and passion are focused on different causes.  This would have been a valid conversation in 2017, but today even if he wanted to, he would be nowhere near ready to play physically or mentally .

Edited by dgrochester55

On 8/17/2019 at 9:23 AM, Irv said:

If we are honest about it and set aside the past, if he agreed not to kneel would you rather have Kaepernick on the roster than Jackson?   After last night I would.  

If Kaepernick would accept the same amount as Jackson yes and make iron hard promise to be unable to see in any court.  Kaepernick has no future and he went vegan and got extremely out of shape.  

7 hours ago, nucci said:

I get this but it's interesting that Michael Vick was signed after he tortured and killed dogs. Kaepernick knelt during the anthem

Vick apologized, AND paid his debt to society by going to jail.

Kaep is still making half of America angry, and doubling down on his antics even more.

Even if you agree with his stance, everyone can understand that losing half of your customers is not a good decision for any entertainment based business; maybe he can go into politics.