Tyree Jackson vs Colin Kaepernick

Irv

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

? WTH??

Oh, that’s right, it’s Saturday. Day drinking is no way to go through life, son.

Day drinking is only socially acceptable if you call it “Brunch”. Then it is fine.  ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I kind of hope another team claims him when he is cut and they sign someone else to the PS.

BTW anyone else think he went off script on the  long bomb int?

Dabol was giving it to him good on the sidelines.

There was a WR there, so clearly that play had the option to throw is deep. He was digging into him because he threw into double coverage. It was a dumb throw.

1 hour ago, Irv said:

If we are honest about it and set aside the past, if he agreed not to kneel would you rather have Kaepernick on the roster than Jackson?   After last night I would.  

Not to get political, but I think that whole kneeling thing probably started out as a contained gesture in Kaepernick's mind to show some solidarity to a cause he believed in and grew hair and teeth via news and social media. It became a symbol and a contest of wills between the NFL as a business and an individual player (employee).

It is unfortunate, but the NFL is a business and as a business controversy invites scrutiny, scrutiny means oversight and agencies looking into your operations. Right or wrong, most companies will opt to remove employees who are controversial and taking that contained fallout over keeping them around and inviting the head ache and potential financial consequences of unplanned operational scrutiny.

Purely on football skills alone, I think Kaepernick can still play - certainly at the level of a capable NFL backup and on skills alone it is a no-brainer, you take the guy who has the experience, the one who can take the wheel for a while till your starter can go again. But it isn't going to happen if the owners have locked arms in solidarity around not letting it happen - they would cut a deal through arbitration first to keep a player out of the league.

I also doubt NFL owners and their legal teams would ever agree to any deal with the NFLPA that would paint them into a corner where they had no discretionary means of removing a player.

Kap deserves to be on an NFL roster....period.  

Now is there a job Kap is willing to take or compete for, that’s a different question.  Would he go to a team to compete for a backup spot?  That’s the question because lookin around the league, there isn’t any obvious choices to compete to start right now outside maybe Miami.  But Miami is gonna want to see what it’s got in Rosen, so that’s also not likely a place he can compete for a starting gig either.

As far as Bills go, no way we keep 3 QBs on the active roster, so this question is irrelevant.  The only reason Bills should ever consider Kap is if we lost one of our top 2 guys.  Other than that, we are set at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Kaep won't come back to be a #2 even, unless he's paid like a starter.  And most teams aren't keeping 3 QB's these days.

...this ongoing  "Kaep Crap" is woefully nauseating STRICTLY from his football acumen (could give a rat's azz about his politics).......he hit the limelight way too fast, took this "easy game of NFL football" for granted (which is what the hell he was getting paid for), and focused on tats 'n poses......opposing DC's figured him out and exposed him as ordinary period...turned down offers because he envisioned himself as an NFL QB (shoulda tried lasik to fix that "blurred vision").....SMH....FWIW, Jackson to PS for now...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Peterman is a mistery to me as well.   However, I saw Kaep play the Bills in New Era......and he is no world beater.  Not a starter based on what I saw that day.  We disagree, my point being the performance I saw that day.  (weak arm imho, not a bad as Peterman, but tending toward that end of the performance range)

I say absoluyely No to Kaep. However, there is no way that he has a weak arm. He has a rifle.

41 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Stress as in the attention to the team.

I would love more national attention but not this way.

I don’t know....you’re no Jon Gruden! He’ll take it any way he can get it!

I wouldn't put either player on our 53 man roster. At least Jackson could go to the practice squad.

This comes from a person who doesn't care in the least that Kaepernick took a knee before games. This is America and he wasn't hurting anyone, except himself.

• Like (+1) 1

I really feel bad for Jackson. He has insane physical gifts, but he isn't anywhere near NFL ready. There really should be a path for kids to go back to school that have expectations of being drafted that don't, because the NFL doesn't have a system in place for these guys. From what I understand, NFL Practice squads aren't really designed to help guys develop.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Irv said:

If we are honest about it and set aside the past, if he agreed not to kneel would you rather have Kaepernick on the roster than Jackson?   After last night I would.  

The reason Jackson is on the roster is again for Bills to maintain   strong relationship with UB and the region.

Heck maybe they can nurture UB to become a solid farm team : )
i dig they brought Jackson on

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Kap deserves to be on an NFL roster....period.  

Now is there a job Kap is willing to take or compete for, that’s a different question.  Would he go to a team to compete for a backup spot?  That’s the question because lookin around the league, there isn’t any obvious choices to compete to start right now outside maybe Miami.  But Miami is gonna want to see what it’s got in Rosen, so that’s also not likely a place he can compete for a starting gig either.

As far as Bills go, no way we keep 3 QBs on the active roster, so this question is irrelevant.  The only reason Bills should ever consider Kap is if we lost one of our top 2 guys.  Other than that, we are set at QB.

Sorry. Could not help myself :)

• Haha (+1) 1