Tyree Jackson vs Colin Kaepernick

Irv

30 minutes ago, Irv said:

If we are honest about it and set aside the past, if he agreed not to kneel would you rather have Kaepernick on the roster than Jackson?   After last night I would.  

Based on football talent of course. Based on team distraction, team unity, circus sideshows with the media, fan reactions, etc no way.

What team wants a backup player who brings those kind of headaches? None..which is why he isn't on a team. If you want to cause that level of problem you better have the talent to make up for it and offset it. He doesnt and thats what people just dont get. He isnt out of the league because he cant play, he is out of the league because his talent isnt enough to overcome the headaches. If he was Tom Brady or Drew Brees or Patrick Mahomes then he could do whatever he wanted and teams wouldn't like it but they would grudingly accept it because his talent outweighs the headaches he causes...

However he isnt that good...a marginal starter to really good backup doesnt warrant putting up with that stuff.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Are Kaep's supporters now saying that no undrafted free agent QBs should be allowed a try out until Kaep is being paid starter money to ride the bench some where. 

Why do they support systemic oppression of these poor undrafted QBs? 

Well, yes. I see this exactly as you do. The OP clearly said everything you stated.

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Irv said:

If we are honest about it and set aside the past, if he agreed not to kneel would you rather have Kaepernick on the roster than Jackson?   After last night I would.  

He would never come here to be a third string QB and if he did, it would not be worth the media circus that would come with it.

57 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If either Barkley or Allen were to get hurt, likely the Bills will sign another QB before elevating Jackson.  At that's assuming Jackson even makes the Bills PS.   Lots of love for the guy because of the UB connection, but so far not playing well enough to even worry about.

This is correct I think.   T Jackson has a big arm, but is more inaccurate than EJ   Manuel.   I am guessing he does not make PS and the Bills will sign another QB.

44 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Kaep would easily be a top 5 backup in the league and yall want him to take #3 money cause he started the kneeling trend? I hate getting into the conversation. Guys like Nate Peterman and plenty other less talented QBs gets opportunity after opportunity to stay in the league but with Kaep its the "not good enough" BS excuse. If you can't be wise enough to admit he was blackballed because of kneeling and not lack of talent you probably also believe racism no longer exists in America.

Peterman is a mistery to me as well.   However, I saw Kaep play the Bills in New Era......and he is no world beater.  Not a starter based on what I saw that day.  We disagree, my point being the performance I saw that day.  (weak arm imho, not a bad as Peterman, but tending toward that end of the performance range)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Not a chance in heck.  I like our 1&2 and the third guy should be developmental not an old has been.

i have no issue with Jackson and the role he is playing on this team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Are Kaep's supporters now saying that no undrafted free agent QBs should be allowed a try out until Kaep is being paid starter money to ride the bench some where. 

Why do they support systemic oppression of these poor undrafted QBs? 

You're making crap up now?

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Based on football talent of course. Based on team distraction, team unity, circus sideshows with the media, fan reactions, etc no way.

What team wants a backup player who brings those kind of headaches? None..which is why he isn't on a team. If you want to cause that level of problem you better have the talent to make up for it and offset it. He doesnt and thats what people just dont get. He isnt out of the league because he cant play, he is out of the league because his talent isnt enough to overcome the headaches. If he was Tom Brady or Drew Brees or Patrick Mahomes then he could do whatever he wanted and teams wouldn't like it but they would grudingly accept it because his talent outweighs the headaches he causes...

However he isnt that good...a marginal starter to really good backup doesnt warrant putting up with that stuff.

You're likely spot on here. It's unfortunate that players that hit children or women aren't more of a distraction, circus with media, fan reactions,  than someone kneeling quietly for 30 seconds before a game.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

When will people realize that the ratio of distraction vs production is what is keeping Kap out of the league. He wasn’t good enough to start the last time he was in the league, and he turned down a trade to a team that was gonna give him a chance. He wants to be paid like a Star, but he plays like a scrub.

when the hell are people gonna let this go? 

It’s a great system though... next time I get demoted at work for sucking, I’m gonna start protesting “the man.” And then when I get fired/don’t have a job because of said sucking, I am going to say it’s a big conspiracy to keep me down by the man... 

Yup.  Was Ray Rice not one of the 100+ best running backs available when his suspension ended?  Don’t recall the anguished cries for injustice on his behalf five years later.

The crusaders will let it go when they find a new poster child for whatever political statement they are trying to make.

I kind of hope another team claims him when he is cut and they sign someone else to the PS.

BTW anyone else think he went off script on the  long bomb int?

Dabol was giving it to him good on the sidelines.

7 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

No.  The OP is comparing Jackson and Kaepnick directly.  Jackson is an undrafted free agent.  The OP has a problem with the Bills giving Jackson a tryout, rather than having Kaep.  I hope this clears things up for you.  

It clears it up only if we ignore your comment. You said " Are Kaep's supporters now saying that no undrafted free agent QBs should be allowed a try out until Kaep is being paid starter money to ride the bench some where.  "  OP said nothing remotely close to that. For that matter, I've never heard anyone else say anything close to that either.

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Florio, is that you?

10 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

No.  The OP is comparing Jackson and Kaepnick directly.  Jackson is an undrafted free agent.  The OP has a problem with the Bills giving Jackson a tryout, rather than having Kaep.  I hope this clears things up for you.  

It sounds like the OP thinks that JAckson is playing like crap and will have a hard time making it to the PS.

I would totally do it, but I don't think Kaep would do it. I doubt he'll want to give up his martyr status to make backup money. Plus there is no way for him to become a starter on this team unless Allen AND Barkley completely implode.

If Kaep comes back it will be for a desperate team who just had their starter go down.

Also, you have to wonder if this regime would want him here. They are all about team first, working hard, no distractions, and banding together. That's not exactly how Kaep is.