Every Allen Pass Play in Review

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Excellent work - Ball #2 was not “slightly” off though. Catchable yes. Ball was at McCoy’s shins. Bad throw. He still could’ve caught it, sure. For maybe a 2 yard gain. All in all however Allen looked great. 

Allen was just a little slow on that play, he should have been looking at McCoy from the start. He had to rush the throw and even if it had been a completion there wouldn't have been much of a gain.

I feel that right now Allen is already a solid starter at QB. The little nitpicking things like that throw will be the difference between solid and elite. So I take it as a good sign that that's the worst thing I can say about his processing yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1

Really looks like he has worked very hard on the routine qb stuff.   Making the quick read and taking what the defense was giving him was on clear display last night .  The pass down the seam and the effortless throw to the TE over the defender reminds you of his 99% percentile arm.  I'm excited to see if he keeps his  cool once the more exotic looks and pass pressure packages arrive with regular season play.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pass #13 for those keeping track. 

I like his comments here. I’m not going to speculate on the pre-snap communication because we really don’t know the protection/scheme that their in. 

Biggest take away and my favorite point he makes that I initially thought as well: he makes the right throw. Could have had Beasley or Jones for the first, but had the confidence, awareness and ability to make the bigger dagger down the seam. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1

I absolutely LOVE the connection he seems to have with Beasley already. Those are the types of plays we didn’t see much of last year. 

Also, how cool was it to see an effective screen play? 

Edited by Augie

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yup. Gone are the days of our WRs trying to catch footballs like sea lions. Well, except Zay of course. ;)

Now all I want to see is that 5 minute video of bills drops from last season with the audio of sea lions barking over each drop.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1