3 thoughts on the game last night

Hebert19

1.  How can you not love Matt Barkley.   He loves the Mafia, is the perfect back up.  

2.  Do we keep an extra WR?   Not sure who has special teams skills out of the bunch but hard decisions coming up.  Beas, foster brown...then Zay roberts McKenzie and Duke?   Ray-ray?  Phillips?   My opinion is ray-ray is the odd man out. 

3.  Depth - we have built a roster where cuts will get swiped immediately as there is a lot of depth at several positions.   Good job Beane. 

• Like (+1) 3

1.  How can you not love Matt Barkley.   He loves the Mafia, is the perfect back upI too like the looks of Matt Barkley as our back-up. 

I am careful not to get too excited by pre-season efforts (remember the Peterman), but Barkley is a veteran who seems to be comfortable in our system and has performed.  

2.  Do we keep an extra WR?

Other than a nice catch by Duke, and good work in the slot by Beasley, there has not bee alot of opportunities / accomplishments by the wideouts.  Until I see more, I'll reserve judgement on this group.

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

1.  How can you not love Matt Barkley.   He loves the Mafia, is the perfect back up.  

2.  Do we keep an extra WR?   Not sure who has special teams skills out of the bunch but hard decisions coming up.  Beas, foster brown...then Zay roberts McKenzie and Duke?   Ray-ray?  Phillips?   My opinion is ray-ray is the odd man out. 

3.  Depth - we have built a roster where cuts will get swiped immediately as there is a lot of depth at several positions.   Good job Beane. 

In my opinion, Easley, Sills, Phillips, Bolden & Ray Ray are gone - a couple of them to the practice squad.

If it were up to me, Zay would be traded. He just hasn't justified a spot on this roster. Does anyone really trust him to make an important catch.

Mc Kenzie & Duke would round out the receiver corp.

BTW, I loved Sills in college. Good size, good speed, good hands, & a nose for the end zone. Is he just not getting open or are the QBs just not targeting him?  I think that he winds up on the PS.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I think our offense looks like the patriots which is not a bad thing. 

Defense has has good depth.

Cautiously optimistic is what I am 

The offense truly does. 

A lot of throws to the slot, running backs and tight end spots.  

We even saw a tunnel screen. 

Ill take the Pats offense with big play ability (Brown/Foster over the top) all day.  

Edited by SCBills

53 minutes ago, billykay said:

In my opinion, Easley, Sills, Phillips, Bolden & Ray Ray are gone - a couple of them to the practice squad.

If it were up to me, Zay would be traded. He just hasn't justified a spot on this roster. Does anyone really trust him to make an important catch.

Mc Kenzie & Duke would round out the receiver corp.

BTW, I loved Sills in college. Good size, good speed, good hands, & a nose for the end zone. Is he just not getting open or are the QBs just not targeting him?  I think that he winds up on the PS.

If the Bills truly believe Jones is a bust, they will cut him (Which I don't personally think they will). They will always go with the best players from TC