Duke William's (Should he become a TE)?

With our TE injury situation seems like we might need some recieving TE help at least until Kroft and others get healthy.  Duke has the size of a TE and skillset of a WR so it might be a good fit.  He had a good game against the second team unit tonight vs Carolina but in all likelihood he won't make our team as a WR.  I personally liked what I saw from him and thought he was one of our backup TE's when he caught that TD.  I hope we can keep his size and skillset that he brings to our team that we might be missing without him on the roster.

Go Bills!

5 hours ago, MJS said:

He's not that big.

I see him listed as 6'2" 215 lb, why do people keep thinking he is this huge guy, like Kelvin Benjamin huge,(6'5" 245 lb), he's not close. TE are enormous and KB would have to put on 15-20 lbs to be a TE. Duke is a little bigger than average for a WR but tiny for a TE.

Who is Duke William and what possession of his should become a TE?

It's a foolish idea. He's trying to learn the NFL game as a wide receiver. There's literally no way he could change positions and become better than our existing TEs within a couple weeks. C'mon, man.

Unfortunately, he'll be cut.

Edited by The Bills Blog

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think he should do whatever the CFL asks him to. 

That’s cold, Dawg.  ? 

?

An old French Canadian I used to work with would then answer, “But ees true!  Ees true!”

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, pop gun said:

I see him listed as 6'2" 215 lb, why do people keep thinking he is this huge guy, like Kelvin Benjamin huge,(6'5" 245 lb), he's not close. TE are enormous and KB would have to put on 15-20 lbs to be a TE. Duke is a little bigger than average for a WR but tiny for a TE.

Just a guess, but the rest of the WR group have been dubbed the Smurfs by no less than the Head Coach. What we saw on the TD catch is what we all -Team and fanbase alike- tantalizingly envisioned when we signed him. He simply hasn’t shown enough in a WR group begging for anyone to step up and make a name for themselves. Word out of Bills camp is he isn’t a good ‘practice player’, but shows up in games. That’s a dichotomy that doesn’t have a faithful following in pro sports <cue Allen Iverson>. 

I suspect the OP is just trying to find some way to get our tallest, strongest Receiver a way to make the team. Coach called him out/‘encouraged’ him this week and he appeared to respond. Final cutdown is 2weeks away. Sadly, I’m not liking his chances.

• Thank you (+1) 1