Duke William's (Should he become a TE)?

Wouldn't be shocked to see a trade this week with a somewhat log jam at WR and RB and even DE. Think Johnson makes the team at DE, so does Love get cut, or do you try and trade him or even Lawson?  Barring a spectacular season from him, doubt the Bills will pay what he thinks he's worth as a former 1st round pick even though he hasn't played like one.  There's threads her why the Bills should keep 6 WR, another for 5 RB, think there was even one for 5 TE due to the injuries.  Well you can pick one, maybe two of these spots, but somewhere else needs to suffer, so maybe make a trade to help.  Get help elsewhere, maybe punter! LOL

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Maybe it was OP

No, I dont call radio shows.  Duke William's is not going to make the team and I'm only suggesting he be a receiving type TE not a blocking type.  If the season started today our TE's would be limited and Sweeney and Smith would be 1-2.  Josh Allen needs his TE's to get open, fortunately Sweeney looks better than expected.  I get it that it's not likely, just trying to suggest a way to keep his skillset on the roster in a creative way!

1 hour ago, BuffaloButt said:

No, I dont call radio shows.  Duke William's is not going to make the team and I'm only suggesting he be a receiving type TE not a blocking type.  If the season started today our TE's would be limited and Sweeney and Smith would be 1-2.  Josh Allen needs his TE's to get open, fortunately Sweeney looks better than expected.  I get it that it's not likely, just trying to suggest a way to keep his skillset on the roster in a creative way!

If the injury problem at TE doesn't clear up as the season draws closer, the Bills will bring in a TE or two in off the waiver wire.  There is ZERO chance that the answer to this problem is Duke Williams or Tyree Jackson(as another recent thread suggested) or anyone else on the current roster who is not a TE by trade.

Edited by LabattBlue

10 hours ago, MJS said:

Why would a 6'2", 220 pound WR make a good TE? Bills list him at 6'3", but he's really 6'2".

He's simply not big enough to be a TE.

Jordan Reed and Evan Engram are both 6’2”- 6’3”  both have about 10- 15 lbs on Duke tho. 10 lbs isn’t very difficult to gain.   

With the way TEs are used out wide now size isn’t as much of an issue as it was when they were blocking DEs all day.  

If Duke can handle the responsibilities the TEs have then he could play TE. Size doesn’t mean much, it’s either you can do it or not. 

I dont know if duke can can and I think we have good enough TEs now so I wouldn’t move him there but just saying he’s too small is weak