"Slow down, it's only preseason"

Logic

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Of course someone who would come up with the username logic would write that.

I'll just tell you what you want to hear, you're correct. This is clearly no thread for logic.

Consider yourself enlightened. 

But you can probably go join the OP in making points that contradict facts.

I'd click on that but I'd rather not get into politics with uneducated people.

Some people are sensitive.

Jesus dude. You are simple.

I can't spell it out for you anymore. Maybe I can get it done in braille 

You with your Fredo *****. You're a clown. 

I think it is probably not the other posters you are responding to that have an issue with being sensitive. It seems, when anyone dares disagree with you in any way, your responses become angry, condescending, insulting, and generally aggressive.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think it is probably not the other posters you are responding to that have an issue with being sensitive. It seems, when anyone dares disagree with you in any way, your responses become angry, condescending, insulting, and generally aggressive.

It’s the juice that does it to him. 

• Like (+1) 1

I mean, I don't really care about preseason. My point was don't take much away from it. They haven't faced anyone. I hope they play this good in the regular season, my point was the competition hasn't been much.

Says the guy talking trash on a message board at 1:00 am like an angry 13 year old boy.

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Immature is the right word.

12 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Careful, I hear he’s built like a LB.

Aaron Maybin built?

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Some penalties are undisciplined, some are over-aggressive, some are because you suck and you have to hold because you cannot do it right, some are because you are a scumbag like Vontaze Burfict. The Bills had a ridiculous amount of unforced error penalties because they were undisciplined, from a coach who screams for it.

lots of OL and ST penalties last year, primarily of the “we suck so we hold” and “our position coaches suck” variety. 

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Fredo is tired of arguing. I disagreed on the importance of preseason, and I'm tired of it. I hope they keep it up, I've just seen it before.

Can't wait until I get banned for being insulted again.

Well, OK then..

We aim to please.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I mean, I don't really care about preseason. My point was don't take much away from it. They haven't faced anyone. I hope they play this good in the regular season, my point was the competition hasn't been much.

It’s your delivery, man. I think it’s a lot less about people being sensitive and much more about you coming off as a jerk. 

But, by all means, you do you. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Well for starters, neither team has played their starting QB or RB. Indy didn't play TY Hilton. Carolina didn't play Kuechly on defense. You can't take anything away from the games.

Consider yourself enlightened. 

The Colts did play their starting QB. Meanwhile, we didn't play our Pro Bowl safety.

Don’t you think the Bills themselves realize what they have been up against these two games?

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

until barkley leads the team to the greatest come back in nfl history, there will be no comparison.

Wouldn't he have had to do that in college first? I mean, if we’re really looking for comparison.. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Take a top 5 QB from the starting roster and the skill positions look a whole lot different.  Are you honestly comparing a LB, S, C, OT, and WR with someone like Andrew Luck or Cam Newton?  That somehow those positions have the value one of those QBs has to their team?  

I know you're looking for any excuse to show that 2019 is surely different, but we don't know yet.  It's okay to wait and see before declaring the team on the glide path to the playoffs.  

For the record, here's Buffalo's results from the last 5 pre-seasons:

2018 2-2 83 PF 88 PA (final season record 6-10)

2017 1-3 62 PF 67 PA (final record 9-7)

2016 1-3 55 PF 71 PA (final record 7-9)

2015 2-2 88 PF 71 PA (final record 8-8)

2014 1-4 63 PF 104 PA (final record 9-7)

It's almost like you didn't read my post at all.

I admitted that record and final outcome of games don't matter. 

I said that I look for sound execution, which the Bills have demonstrated.

I never said this preseason means that the Bills are winning the Super Bowl this year. 

I just said they've looked very good, out-executed their opponents, and have done so in a way that leads me to believe their performance will carry over into the regular season.

And if the point is "cool it, it's only preseason, we have to wait and see", well...I know that. It's the title of the thread.

5 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

We haven’t faced a starting QB yet. Colts sat their TEs, a few WRs and starting C.  Panthers sat their Elite RB and MLB.  It’s a lot easier to out execute your opponent when they have backups in for elite players. Calm down it’s only preseason

?

What if the Bills HADN'T out-executed their opponents even though they're resting starters? That's happening all around the league this preseason. Sloppy performances by teams going against opponents who are resting key players.

You're SUPPOSED to dominate opponents who are resting starters, and the Bills have. 

And once again, THE BILLS were also missing key players. Are Alexander and Hyde not crucial to defensive success? Are Morse, Nsekhe, and Brown not going to play big parts on offense this year?

If all anyone has to refute my (admittedly cautious and tempered) enthusiasm is "but our opponents have been resting starters", well...did you read the original post? 

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I guess they have more depth at most positions which is a good thing but we knew that going into the preseason.  Even if the Colts and Panthers played all their best players it's still a vanilla scheme vs. a vanilla scheme.  The real test doesn't start until opening day so I'll say it....slow down. It's only preseason.  Just be happy nobody noteworthy was injured.

I have this recurring feeling that people didn't read the original post.

My basic point was that while schemes and scores don't matter, execution does, and the Bills have been executing well.

Our players have been lining up and beating the players lined up across from them. I don't care who those players lined up across from them are. Your job in football is to out-execute the player you're going against in individual matchups ("do your one eleventh"), and the Bills have been. Personnel and scheme don't matter to me. Execution does.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1