"Slow down, it's only preseason"

Logic

That's the surprising thing to me this season. The stuff that I was sure going to result in a dumb PF, the Bills are trying to avoid, and you can HEAR it from the field mics, and hear the congrats from doing something smart. 

1 minute ago, Logic said:

@Ol Dirty B Enjoy staunchly defending your "I can't take any joy from the fact that my football team looked good the past couple weekends!" stance. Seriously. Have fun with that.

I mean, I don't really care about preseason. My point was don't take much away from it. They haven't faced anyone. I hope they play this good in the regular season, my point was the competition hasn't been much.

Some people are sensitive.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm not italian nor a liberal. Again, I try not to talk politics with uneducated people.

You ***** know I'd be banned for that post I quoted lol.

No, I don't know that. If you want it removed that's fine, I assent. It's just funny IMO since it sounds like what you're saying - don't let the truth get in the way of the facts. I didn't assume anything on your part.

I think it's worth getting excited about the depth on this team. It's been a long time. Feels like we're on the right side of things finally at a number of positions.

If this team was 0-2 right now this message board would be pure hilarious panic.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Taro T said:

Yep.  Can't say for sure they'll be good this year and in both games they faced QB2; but they dominated on both sides of the ball in the 1st 1/2 both games.  Which is extremely encouraging.

Yep. The team is 33% different. The OL was bottom of the league bad and the replacements look a lot different. The WR were bottom of the league bad and the replacements look a lot different. The RB were bottom third of the league and the replacements look a lot different. Josh and Edmunds were young, raw, hugely talented guys, they look a lot different. The OL, WR, ST coaches all seemed lousy and their replacements look a lot different. 

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Some penalties are undisciplined, some are over-aggressive, some are because you suck and you have to hold because you cannot do it right, some are because you are a scumbag like Vontaze Burfict. The Bills had a ridiculous amount of unforced error penalties because they were undisciplined, from a coach who screams for it.

I'm pretty sure they were penalized heavily under Marrone when the defense was the best it has been in the 2000's. His 9-7* year was a better defense than the great defenses McDermott has put out. I think they may have been penalized more in Marrones last year than Rex's first, but I'd have to double check that.

The whole discipline and penalty stuff is for people trying to create a narrative and that's me trying to put it nicely.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep. The team is 33% different. The OL was bottom of the league bad and the replacements look a lot different. The WR were bottom of the league bad and the replacements look a lot different. The RB were bottom third of the league and the replacements look a lot different. Josh and Edmunds were young, raw, hugely talented guys, they look a lot different. The OL, WR, ST coaches all seemed lousy and their replacements look a lot different. 

I mean how much different is it with a center that isn't in the QB's lap every play? I don't know if Feliciano is better suited at guard or not but looking at just his play compared to Bodine, holy hell.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm pretty sure they were penalized heavily under Marrone when the defense was the best it has been in the 2000's. His 9-7* year was a better defense than the great defenses McDermott has put out. I think they may have been penalized more in Marrones last year than Rex's first, but I'd have to double check that.

The whole discipline and penalty stuff is for people trying to creat a narrative and that's me trying to put it nicely.

I agree with that. For sure. But there is no denying that the Bills were insanely undisciplined last year. There were some season when Rex coached the Jets when they were in the top ten of least penalized teams, and he is likely the least disciplined HC in the last 30-40 years.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

No, I don't know that. If you want it removed that's fine, I assent. It's just funny IMO since it sounds like what you're saying - don't let the truth get in the way of the facts. I didn't assume anything on your part.

You called me Fredo, I doubt you would have done that a month ago.

I don't care lol. I just think it's funny. Keep going

5 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The whole discipline and penalty stuff is for people trying to creat a narrative and that's me trying to put it nicely.

What is it exactly you are trying to say here? Put it in words the rest of us can understand.

You don't want the Bills to play smart? You want them to take lots of personal fouls? Just say it.

I'm glad that there's focus being put on not doing that.

Edited by Ralonzo

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I agree with that. For sure. But there is no denying that the Bills were insanely undisciplined last year. There were some season when Rex coached the Jets when they were in the top ten of least penalized teams, and he is likely the least disciplined HC in the last 30-40 years.

Fredo is tired of arguing. I disagreed on the importance of preseason, and I'm tired of it. I hope they keep it up, I've just seen it before.

Can't wait until I get banned for being insulted again.

Just now, Ralonzo said:

I mean how much different is it with a center that isn't in the QB's lap every play? I don't know if Feliciano is better suited at guard or not but looking at just his play compared to Bodine, holy hell.

The OL was unbelievably bad the last couple years. Stats be damned. Josh was under severe pressure all game every game. There were VERY few holes in the run game all year. They were criminally awful and Josh didnt get nearly enough credit for just ignoring, brushing off, shoving away, or juking pass rushers that were sacks against most other Qbs. These guys are different.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ralonzo said:

What is it exactly you are trying to say here? Put it in words the rest of us can understand.

You don't want the Bills to play smart? You want them to take lots of personal fouls? Just say it.

Jesus dude. You are simple.

Just now, Ralonzo said:

Quality argument. 

I said it through two posts. Look at the teams that are the most penalized. They are usually winning teams. The discipline stuff is overdone.

I can't spell it out for you anymore. Maybe I can get it done in braille 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Fredo is tired of arguing. I disagreed on the importance of preseason, and I'm tired of it. I hope they keep it up, I've just seen it before.

Can't wait until I get banned for being insulted again.

Now something about the importance of pre-season, that's fine. That's an argument. But you dismissed OP's argument pretty much out of hand, without a real reason other than "harrr I'm old guy i seen it all." The original point was the team's execution and I augmented. And neither of us agree with John McKay, but it sounds like you do... do you? Why?