What is weak link after game 2 of preseason?

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Reportedly he’s been pretty much perfect in practice. I truly don’t think they move on unless he struggles in the regular season. Have to take into account that the holder has a lot to do with Kicker consistency and he’s been with a few different punters going back to last year. They need to make a decision on punter (likely Carter) and let him hold for all kicks going forward. 

This seems to tie back into the discussion on TSW a while back regarding when back up quarterbacks stopped holding for kickers, and punters generally took over holding duties.  I wonder if the quarterbacks had a better set of hands, and a greater sense of urgency and timing than the punters who are holding on FGs and PATs nowadays.

17 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I watched game and feel that our center is issue if Morse is not ready and our punter situation, which is weird because for many years Moorman was our MVP.  Am I missing some other real problem? I think the final cuts will be hard for good reasons this year.

TE. Sweeney gets injured and we have nothing there. 

Kicking game (starting to get worried). Is trending down. 6 of 11 to finish season and 2 misses this far. 

Hate to say this and will likely get flamed but McCoy is Done. IMO keep Gore. Go with the kid and roster Yeldon and Murphy. 

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Kicking game (starting to get worried). Is trending down. 6 of 11 to finish season and 2 misses this far. 

Hate to say this and will likely get flamed but McCoy is Done. IMO keep Gore. Go with the kid and roster Yeldon and Murphy. 

Agreed on McCoy, he looks slow and ineffective.

18 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

He is an expensive kicker.  We are in a much better cap position than Seattle was.  I think he will be fine and back to nailing 50+ yarders in no time.  If he gets back to where he was pre injury then we have one of the best Ks in the NFL.

I hope so. Messing with his holder every other kick doesn’t make much sense to me and it may be messing with him regarding the misses. I hope they come to their senses and give the task to Barkley, who WILL be here. Lamonica for Gogalak, and Bobby Chandler & Frank Reich for multiple kickers. The Holder should be a player you can count on for years. It’s conceivable neither Cory will be here in 3 weeks.

17 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Agreed on McCoy, he looks slow and ineffective.

While I want Shady to have a great final season as a Bill, I have to agree here. To date, we have seen nothing from him. Having said that, I understand that he has only had a couple of opportunities so far.

I also am concerned about Hauschka. The comments above about rotating holders and his practice performance are helping to alleviate my anxieties. But, I am concerned.

Finally, our punter battle has not yet revealed a true NFL punter. Come on Cory (either one is fine) step up and take this!

On 8/17/2019 at 6:27 PM, MAJBobby said:

i wouldn't feel good about it, but it would be a good business decision. save what?....6+ mil.? also we should be able to get a pick for him and free up a roster spot.

HOWEVER....they may view him in more of a receiver role and ya gotta admit...hitting shady in stride on the outside is another weapon.