What is weak link after game 2 of preseason?

I still think it's the offensive line. Long and Spain suck IMO and Ford although promising is still a rookie. Add in the issues we're having with our TEs and we're going to have to game plan to get the ball out early or Josh is going to spend time on his backside. Everything changes if/when Morse returns.

Edited by VW82

3 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

I wouldn't call the pass rush a weak link. It's not the best in the league, but it's far from a liability.

3 sacks / 7 qb hits / 8 pass break ups(which i know don't count as pass rush except a couple of tips at the line.) for a vanilla rush 4 only pre season defense, i think they did fine

and are nice and deep. johnson and love will both make the 53.

• Thank you (+1) 1

FG kicking is looking a little shaky

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Pass rush is lacking. Ed Oliver is not going to help the pass rush IMO. He struggles to get off blocks as of now.

They will have to scheme up a pass rush. Stunts and blitzes. Go get Clowney if available. This defense can be special. 

They are not running a full defensive scheme, and they are still very successful in execution. 

Edited by ddaryl

43 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I still think it's the offensive line. Long and Spain suck IMO and Ford although promising is still a rookie. Add in the issues we're having with our TEs and we're going to have to game plan to get the ball out early or Josh is going to spend time on his backside. Everything changes if/when Morse returns.

Nsehke back at RT, with Ford kicking inside to RG, also helps.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, ToddAllan said:

HAHA! Right?!

But if Jackson chose to stay in school, he would be getting drafted in the 7th round next year by Arizona or something, and we'd miss out on having him on our practice squad for the next few years.

Plus, we'd lose the benefit of having a 3rd string guy to yell at for doing something our starting QB does all the time.

That's his real role on our roster, IMO. :lol:

...and from what he has shown, staying in school was the wise idea.....BUT....his best case 2020 would probably be the 6th or 7th.........or UDFA again....

10 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

In game coaching decisions.

Can you please elaborate?  Is there something you've seen in the two preseason games that causes concern?  I know it's been a concern in the regular season games since he's been here; just wondering what you've seen this preseason that still has you worried.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Can you please elaborate?  Is there something you've seen in the two preseason games that causes concern?  I know it's been a concern in the regular season games since he's been here; just wondering what you've seen this preseason that still has you worried.

It was really because there isn’t a unit I’m worried about. We could improve in a lot of areas of course. We could use a star player or two. But we are not really weak anywhere. IMO McD is a good coach in a lot of ways but quite weak there. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Long and Spain are just average the problem is we're comparing them to last year's dumpster fire so it's natural at times when we watch this group to think we have the hogs. 

Right now Ford is better at Guard than Tackle.  Not saying he's not going to be good there he just isn't ready yet.  So our current swing tackle who is 33 and currently banged up has to play there.  And that's fine but we have no depth at tackle.  Good depth at Guard.

Dawkins is not a franchise left tackle.....if he plays every game there and does a decent job that becomes enough in this league at a position like that to demand elite money.  I haven't seen enough (yet) that says to me that's who he is.

We also unfortunately have to operate under the worst case scenario with Morse.  Because we just don't know.  

Against good front 7s with Morse out this group is going to struggle.  We should be ok against average to below average defenses where a year ago they just stunk weekly.  

I know what I'd do to bolster this line but that window has passed and it would be too much shuffling this late in summer.  

Trent--Dawkins---Morse/Feliciano--Ford---Ty

Depth:

Spain

Long 

Teller

Jones (I like him)

Our game day thread... it was opened late (probably because it was out partying the night before the game), and at times it was simultaneously overly optimistic and overly pessimistic. We can do better, we must do better, or the Turk is coming for us next week.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81268d17/The-Turk

image.jpeg.c2ea0ffb3c32702a0a38e407cf85df01.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2