What is weak link after game 2 of preseason?

6 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I watched game and feel that our center is issue if Morse is not ready and our punter situation, which is weird because for many years Moorman was our MVP.  Am I missing some other real problem? I think the final cuts will be hard for good reasons this year.

Wouldn't call Center a problem. Felciano has looked really good so far. And we haven't even really had the chance to see Long play there yet. Our backup Centers last night was a problem. But theyre not going to make the team anyways.

I would say that pass rush is an issue. We have a great defense but feel we are lacking that elite pass rusher. 

Kicking is the biggest issue I see. Haushka is really struggling. And even on extra points they don't look very good.

6 hours ago, Augie said:

Our third string QB should be trying to hone his game in college. Sorry, I’m watching the 4th quarter right now....

HAHA! Right?!

But if Jackson chose to stay in school, he would be getting drafted in the 7th round next year by Arizona or something, and we'd miss out on having him on our practice squad for the next few years.

Plus, we'd lose the benefit of having a 3rd string guy to yell at for doing something our starting QB does all the time.

That's his real role on our roster, IMO. :lol:

Edited by ToddAllan

I thought the defense looked a little weak.  Beyond not generating any pass rush, there were wide open receivers that their QB (Allen) missed.  Easy completions for Cam.  Carolina ran the ball effectively, at times, as well.

Carolina Allen did totally ignore Tre's side of the field and targeted Wallace relentlessly.   So that CB2 is going to have to step up

I feel like we’re grading on a curve when we say “pass rush” is a weakness.   It’s not, but it’s the only part of our defense that doesn’t look elite.   Definitely makes a move for Clowney incredibly intriguing.   That being said, Murphy had a filthy spin move sack and Lawson also made some plays.  

OL cohesion is more of an issue than skill level, IMO.   Feliciano looks pretty good at C, to the point where I’m not worried if Morse misses a handful of games.  The constant plug and play isn’t ideal though.  Hopefully we can get a couple weeks of practice with the starting unit healthy minus Morse.   

I know we don’t have a #1 WR, but it’s pretty evident the pass catching talent level is drastically improved.   I don’t know that I can list that as a glaring weakness as of now... Let’s see how they look in the regular season. 

Not super worried about Haushka yet... but we seriously need to figure out this punting situation.  Can’t have 35 yard punts be normal.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ToddAllan said:

HAHA! Right?!

But if Jackson chose to stay in school, he would be getting drafted in the 7th round next year by Arizona or something, and we'd miss out on having him on our practice squad for the next few years.

Plus, we'd lose the benefit of having a 3rd string guy to yell at for doing something our starting QB does all the time.

That's his real role on our roster, IMO. :lol:

He’s doing himself no favors in earning a PS spot. That’s not looking good at this point if he plays like that

• Like (+1) 1

Panther's fans seem to think the Bills pass rush was good.

They're blaming their QB's awful showing on the their OL not giving them time.

I didn't see a single stunting Dlineman, and the Blitzes looked like reads, rather than designed; but the inability to win 1 on 1 battles is concerning; especially regarding Oliver. He needs to improve his hands. He has no moves.

Daryl Johnson owned that RT. He needs to get some work in the next 2 games against better competition.

21 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Panther's fans seem to think the Bills pass rush was good.

They're blaming their QB's awful showing on the their OL not giving them time.

I didn't see a single stunting Dlineman, and the Blitzes looked like reads, rather than designed; but the inability to win 1 on 1 battles is concerning; especially regarding Oliver. He needs to improve his hands. He has no moves.

Daryl Johnson owned that RT. He needs to get some work in the next 2 games against better competition.

I don’t think we blitzed much until the second half.  There were a few I thought I saw at that point.  

There was one stunt against their starters.  It was Phillips and someone on the left side of our DL.  Resulted in an almost sack, holding penalty - blew up the play quickly. 

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Our third string QB should be trying to hone his game in college. Sorry, I’m watching the 4th quarter right now....

I'm a MAC football fan too.  At least, having graduated from Ball State I pay pretty good attention to it.  I heard of Jackson and saw him play once or twice in college games.  But watching him play with the Bills just shows how awful he actually is.  It's painful.  He's a specimen physically, but he even seems kind of out of sorts when he runs.  Just awful and raw.  I thought it would be fun to watch him create some excitement for late quarter preseason games, but it's really painful to watch.

When he plays the entire last preseason game this season.......might it be his last NFL action?  Very raw.

1 minute ago, Lv-Bills said:

I'm a MAC football fan too.  At least, having graduated from Ball State I pay pretty good attention to it.  I heard of Jackson and saw him play once or twice in college games.  But watching him play with the Bills just shows how awful he actually is.  It's painful.  He's a specimen physically, but he even seems kind of out of sorts when he runs.  Just awful and raw.  I thought it would be fun to watch him create some excitement for late quarter preseason games, but it's really painful to watch.

When he plays the entire last preseason game this season.......might it be his last NFL action?  Very raw.

I hope it’s just nerves, but I’m not so sure about that. It seems the more he plays, the more he hurts his chances. That’s not a good thing.